- The report contains detailed information about UMB Financial Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for UMB Financial Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The UMB Financial Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes UMB Financial Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of UMB Financial Corporation business.
About UMB Financial Corporation
UMB Financial Corporation operates as a bank holding company. The company owns all of the outstanding stock of four commercial banks, a brokerage company, a community development corporation, a mutual fund servicing company, and 15 other subsidiaries.
The four commercial banks are engaged in general commercial banking business. The principal location of each bank is in Missouri, Colorado, Kansas, and Arizona, respectively. The principal subsidiary bank, UMB Bank, n.a., whose principal office is in Missouri, also has branches in Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma. The banks offer a range of banking services to commercial, retail, government and correspondent bank customers. In addition to standard banking functions, the principal subsidiary bank, UMB Bank, n.a., provides international banking services, investment and cash management services, data processing services for correspondent banks and a range of trust activities for individuals, estates, business corporations, governmental bodies and public authorities.
UMB Fund Services, Inc. located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Media, Pennsylvania, provides services to 43 mutual fund groups representing 128 funds and administrative and support services for 18 alternative investment groups representing 37 funds. In addition, JD Clark & Co., Inc. in Ogden, Utah, provides services to 61 alternative investment groups, representing 278 funds.
Commercial Banking and Lending serves the commercial lending and leasing, as well as the capital markets needs of the companys mid-market businesses and governmental entities by offering various products and services. The commercial loan and leasing group provides commercial loans and lines of credit, letters of credit, and loan syndication services. Capital markets provide consultative services and offers a variety of financing for companies that need non-traditional banking services. The services provided by capital markets include asset-based financing, asset securitization, equity and mezzanine financing, factoring, private and public placement of senior debt, as well as merger and acquisition consulting.
Payment and Technology Solutions meets the treasury management and healthcare services needs of commercial clients. Treasury management products and services include account reconciliation services, automated clearing house, controlled disbursements, lockbox services, foreign exchange, and various card products and services. Healthcare services include health savings account and flexible savings account products for healthcare providers, third-party administrators and large employers.
Banking Services provides products and services mainly to the companys correspondent bank customer network in the Midwest. Products and services include bond trading transactions, cash letter collections, FiServ account processing, investment portfolio accounting and safekeeping, reporting for asset/liability management, and Fed funds transactions. Banking Services includes the bank dealer function in which competitive and negotiated underwritings of municipal securities, as well as underwritings of government agency securities are performed.
Consumer Services delivers products and services through the companys bank branches, call center, internet banking and ATM network. These services are distributed over a seven state area, as well as through on-line and telephone banking. Consumer Services is a major provider of funds and assets for the company. This segment offers a variety of consumer products, including deposit accounts, installment loans, credit cards, home equity lines of credit, residential mortgages, small business loans, and insurance services for individuals.
Asset Management provides investment advisory, trust, and custody services to both personal and institutional clients of the company focusing on estate planning, trust, retirement planning and investment management and private banking services. The companys investment advisory services provided to the companys proprietary funds, the UMB Scout Funds, are also included in this segment. Corporate trust services include serving as corporate and municipal bond trustee, serving as the paying agent/registrar for issued bonds and notes, and providing escrow services.
Fund Services provides an array of services for mutual funds, partnerships, funds of funds and commingled funds to a range of investment advisors, independent money managers, broker/dealers, banks, third-party administrators, insurance companies and other financial service providers. Services provided include fund administration and accounting, investor services and transfer agency, cash management, marketing and distribution, custody and alternative investment services.
In May 2009, UMB Fund Services, Inc., a subsidiary of UMB Financial Corporation, purchased 100 percent of the outstanding equity interests of J.D. Clark & Co., Inc. (J.D. Clark), a privately held, third-party fund service provider to alternative investment firms.
UMB Financial Corporation was founded in 1967.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. UMB Financial Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of UMB Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of UMB Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. UMB Financial Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. UMB Financial Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UMB FINANCIAL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
UMB Financial Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
UMB Financial Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
UMB Financial Corporation Major Shareholders
UMB Financial Corporation History
UMB Financial Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
UMB Financial Corporation Offices and Representations
UMB Financial Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
UMB Financial Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
UMB Financial Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
UMB Financial Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
UMB Financial Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
UMB Financial Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
UMB Financial Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
UMB Financial Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
UMB Financial Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
UMB Financial Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
UMB Financial Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
UMB Financial Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?