- The report contains detailed information about Tree.Com, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tree.Com, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tree.Com, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tree.Com, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tree.Com, Inc. business.
About Tree.Com, Inc.
Tree.Com, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates in lending and real estate businesses in the United States.
The company operates through three segments: LendingTree Loans, the Exchanges, and Real Estate.
LendingTree Loans originates, processes, approves, and funds various consumer mortgage loans through a Tree.com subsidiary, Home Loan Center, Inc., which operates primarily under the brand name LendingTree Loans. LendingTree Loans maintains offices in California and is able to provide a range of mortgage loan offerings to consumers in most states, primarily conforming and prime loans, and, to a lesser extent, non-conforming and FHA loans. Products available include both adjustable and fixed rate loans.
LendingTree Loans branded loan originations are principally derived from consumer loan requests received through www.lendingtree.com, www.getsmart.com or 1-800-555-TREE. A portion of all consumer loan request forms received through these channels are referred to LendingTree Loans. LendingTree Loans offers those consumers a choice among various loan alternatives, with loan pricing based upon different wholesale offerings received by LendingTree Loans from the secondary market investors who purchase the loans.
Exchanges segment consists of online lead generation networks, primarily LendingTree.com, Tree.com, DegreeTree.com, LendingTreeAutos.com, and GetSmart.com, as well as call centers that connect consumers and service providers principally in the lending, higher education, and automobile marketplaces. This segment also offers unsecured loans, automobile loans, credit cards, reverse mortgage loans, and various consumer insurance products, as well as opportunities for students seeking institutions of higher education and home improvement professional services with contractors.
Lending Networks: Consumers can access Tree.com's nationwide network of approximately 200 banks, lenders, and loan brokers online (via www.lendingtree.com or www.getsmart.com) or by calling 1-800-555-TREE. Loans offered by these banks, lenders, and loan brokers (the Network Lenders) consist primarily of home mortgages (in connection with refinancings and purchases) and home equity loans.
Tree.com selects lenders throughout the country in an effort to provide geographic lending coverage and to offer a suite of loan offerings available in the market. Typically, before a lender joins the Network, Tree.com performs credit and financial reviews on the lender. In addition, as a further quality assurance measure, Tree.com checks new lenders against a national antifraud database maintained by the Mortgage Asset Research Institute. The Exchanges also offer a short-form matching process under the LendingTree and GetSmart brands.
The Exchanges also offer: unsecured loans, through which consumers are matched with multiple lenders using a network-based process similar to the mortgage loan matching process; automobile loans, through which consumers are linked with one or more third-party automobile lenders; credit cards, through which consumers can search various credit card offerings through a third-party vendor; reverse mortgage loans, through which consumers are linked with one or more third party providers; various consumer insurance products, pursuant to which consumers are linked with licensed insurance agents and insurance lead aggregators to obtain insurance offers; opportunities for prospective students seeking institutions of higher education; and home improvement professional services with national and local contractors.
The Real Estate segment involves in the real estate brokerage services under the brand name RealEstate.com
Real Estate Brokerage: RealEstate.com, REALTORS is Tree.com's proprietary real estate brokerage business (the brokerage), which operates in 20 markets across the United States. Business for the brokerage is generated both by consumers accessing www.realestate.com or by calling 1-800-REALESTATE and by the company's real estate agents' own contacts and referrals. Outside of the 20 markets where the company maintains an office, third-party brokerage services provided by approximately 150 real estate brokerage firms are also available through www.realestate.com or by calling 1-800-REALESTATE.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TREE.COM, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TREE.COM, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TREE.COM, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TREE.COM, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TREE.COM, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tree.Com, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tree.Com, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tree.Com, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tree.Com, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tree.Com, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TREE.COM, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TREE.COM, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TREE.COM, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TREE.COM, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TREE.COM, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TREE.COM, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tree.Com, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tree.Com, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tree.Com, Inc. Major Shareholders
Tree.Com, Inc. History
Tree.Com, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tree.Com, Inc. Offices and Representations
Tree.Com, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tree.Com, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tree.Com, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tree.Com, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Tree.Com, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tree.Com, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tree.Com, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tree.Com, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tree.Com, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tree.Com, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tree.Com, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tree.Com, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?