- The report contains detailed information about TMX Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TMX Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TMX Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TMX Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TMX Group Inc. business.
About TMX Group Inc.
TMX Group Inc. owns and operates cash, derivatives, energy, fixed income markets and clearing houses in Canada and the United States.
Products and Services
The companys listings operations take place through Toronto Stock Exchange, its senior market, and TSX Venture Exchange, its junior market. TSX Venture Exchange also offers a board called NEX6 for issuers that have fallen below TSX Venture Exchanges ongoing listing standards.
Issuers list various types of securities, including conventional securities, such as common shares, preferred shares, rights and warrants, and various alternative types of securities such as exchangeable shares, convertible debt instruments, limited partnership units, exchange traded fund units, income trust units and structured products.
Competition: The company competes for junior listings with Canadian National Stock Exchange (CNSX).
TSX Markets Cash Equities Trading
The companys cash equities trading operations for both Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange are conducted by TSX Markets. Participating Organizations and Member Firms (collectively, POs), acting as principals or agents for retail and institutional investors, place orders to buy or sell listed securities using its fully electronic trading systems.
MX and BOX Derivatives Trading and Clearing
The companys derivatives exchange, MX, is standardized financial derivatives exchange in Canada. MX offers interest rate, index and equity derivatives. Through the Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation (CDCC), MXs wholly-owned subsidiary, the company provides clearing, settlement and risk management services, as well as being the issuer of every option traded on MXs markets. CDCC is the central counterparty and guarantor of all transactions carried out on MXs markets and of some over-the-counter, or OTC products.
MX has a 53.8% ownership interest in BOX, a U.S. automated equity options market for which MX is the technical operator and technology developer. MX has a 51% ownership in the Montréal Climate Exchange Inc., or MCeX, a market for environmental products in Canada, jointly created with the Chicago Climate Exchange Inc. In 2008, MCeX launched trading of futures contracts on Canadian carbon dioxide equivalent units. The companys derivatives markets engages in MXs trading, clearing, market data and business services activities as well as from trading on BOX.
MX offers interest rate, index and equity derivatives. Primary products are the Three-Month Canadian Bankers Acceptance Futures contract (BAX), the Ten-Year Government of Canada Bond Futures contract (CGB) and the S&P Canada 60 Index Futures contract (SXF). MX connects participants to its derivatives markets, builds business relationships with them and works with them to ensure that the derivatives offerings meet investor needs. BOX is an options exchange in the U.S., offering an electronic equity derivatives market on approximately 1,500 options classes.
Through CDCC, MXs wholly-owned subsidiary, the company generates revenue from clearing and settlement, as well as from options and futures exercise activities. CDCC offers central counterparty and clearing and settlement services for all transactions carried out on MXs markets and on some OTC products. In addition, CDCC is the issuer of options traded on MX markets and the clearing house and guarantor for options and futures contracts traded on MX markets and for some products on the OTC market.
MX is a self-regulatory organization (SRO) that has a major responsibility for maintaining the transparency, credibility and integrity of the exchangetraded derivatives market in Canada. MXs Regulatory Division, which is operated independently of its other operations, is responsible for the regulation of its markets and its trading participants.
Competition: The company competes with Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), ISE, NASDAQ OMX PHLX (PHLX), NASDAQ Options Market (NOM), NYSE Amex Options (AMEX) and NYSE Arca Options (ARCA)
The companys energy market, NGX, is a Canadian-based e
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TMX GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TMX GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TMX GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TMX GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TMX GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TMX Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TMX Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TMX Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TMX Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TMX Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TMX GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TMX GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TMX GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TMX GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TMX GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TMX GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TMX Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TMX Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TMX Group Inc. Major Shareholders
TMX Group Inc. History
TMX Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TMX Group Inc. Offices and Representations
TMX Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TMX Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TMX Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
TMX Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
TMX Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TMX Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TMX Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TMX Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
TMX Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
TMX Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TMX Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TMX Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?