- The report contains detailed information about Third Century Bancorp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Third Century Bancorp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Third Century Bancorp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Third Century Bancorp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Third Century Bancorp. business.
About Third Century Bancorp.
Third Century Bancorp operates as the bank holding company for Mutual Savings Bank. The bank provides banking and financial services to individual and corporate customers in Johnson County and surrounding counties. The Banks principal business consists of attracting deposits from the general public, originating long-term, fixed-rate loans.
The bank operates through five offices located in Johnson County and one office in Marion County, Indiana. The bank operates four automatic teller machines, with one ATM located at its office on North Main Street in Franklin and one located at each of its offices in Indianapolis, Trafalgar and Nineveh.
The bank focuses its lending activities on the origination of loans secured by first mortgage liens for the purchase, construction or refinancing of one-to four-family residential real property. One-to four-family residential mortgage loans are the major focus of the banks loan origination activities. The bank also offers land, commercial real estate loans, commercial loans and consumer loans.
As of December 31, 2006, the banks loan portfolio included real estate mortgage loans, including land loans, one-to-four-family loans, multi-family loans, commercial loans; construction loans; consumer loans, including home equity loans, automobiles loans, lines of credit, other loans; and commercial loans. The banks loans are secured by commercial real estate and land.
One- to four-family residential loans: The banks primary lending activity consists of the origination of one- to four-family residential mortgage loans secured by property located in its primary market area. The bank also offers second mortgages on one- to four-family residential properties.
Commercial Real Estate Loans: The banks commercial real estate loans are secured by churches, office buildings and other commercial properties, and apartments consisting of approximately five units.
Construction Loans: The bank offers construction loans to individuals for the purpose of constructing one- to four-family residences. The bank also offers construction loans to builders or developers who are on its approved list for the construction of residential properties on a speculative basis (before the builder/developer obtains a commitment from a buyer), or for the construction of commercial or multi-family properties.
Consumer loans: The banks consumer loans include primarily of variable- and fixed-rate home equity loans and lines of credit and automobile loans.
Commercial Loans: The bank offers commercial loans, which consist primarily of loans to businesses that are secured by assets other than real estate.
The bank attracts deposits primarily from with in Johnson County through the offering of various deposit instruments, including fixed-rate certificates of deposit, NOW and other transaction accounts, and savings accounts. It also offers non-interest bearing demand deposits and money market accounts.
The banks trust department provides agency services, trust services, guardianships and estate services to individuals and families. The Trust Department establishes and manages trusts, administers estates, establishes power of attorney arrangements and offers individual retirement accounts in addition to other products and services.
Credit Card Underwriting
The bank also issues Mutual Savings Bank Credit Cards, which are personal unsecured lines of credit.
As of December 31, 2006, the companys investment portfolio included U.S. government agency securities, state revenue bonds, mortgage backed securities, corporate obligations and Federal Home Loan Bank stock.
Service Corporation Subsidiary
The banks service corporation subsidiary, Mutual Financial Services, Inc. (Mutual Financial Services), engages in mortgage life insurance sales and servicing. It sells mortgage insurance products in affiliation with American General Financial Group, Inc.
Third Century Bancorp was founded in 1890.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Third Century Bancorp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Third Century Bancorp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Third Century Bancorp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Third Century Bancorp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Third Century Bancorp. Industry Position Analysis
6. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THIRD CENTURY BANCORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Third Century Bancorp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Third Century Bancorp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Third Century Bancorp. Major Shareholders
Third Century Bancorp. History
Third Century Bancorp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Third Century Bancorp. Offices and Representations
Third Century Bancorp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Third Century Bancorp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Third Century Bancorp. Capital Market Snapshot
Third Century Bancorp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Third Century Bancorp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Third Century Bancorp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Third Century Bancorp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Third Century Bancorp. 1-year Stock Charts
Third Century Bancorp. 5-year Stock Charts
Third Century Bancorp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Third Century Bancorp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Third Century Bancorp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?