- The report contains detailed information about SWS Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SWS Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SWS Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SWS Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SWS Group, Inc. business.
About SWS Group, Inc.
SWS Group, Inc., a diversified financial services holding company, focuses on delivering a range of investment, commercial banking and related financial services to individual, corporate and institutional investors, broker/dealers, governmental entities and financial intermediaries.
The companys principal brokerage subsidiary, Southwest Securities, Inc. (Southwest Securities), is a registered broker/dealer and a member of the New York Stock Exchange, Inc. (NYSE).Southwest Securities provides correspondent services to securities broker/dealers and other financial institutions in 32 states, Canada and Europe. Southwest Securities serves individual investors through its private client group offices in Texas, New Mexico, California, Nevada, and Oklahoma and institutional investors nationwide. Southwest Securities executes and clears securities transactions for retail and institutional clients, extends margin credit and lends securities and manages and participates in underwriting equity and fixed income securities.
The company provides clearing services to approximately 200 correspondent broker/dealers and registered investment advisors and approximately 300 independent registered representatives, as well as full-service brokerage services to individual and institutional investors. Clearing involves maintaining accounts, processing securities transactions, extending margin loans and performing various administrative services as agent for its correspondent broker/dealers and their clients.
The company operates one other broker/dealer subsidiary, SWS Financial Services, Inc. (SWS Financial), which contracts with approximately 300 individual registered representatives for the administration of their securities business.
The company offers full-service, traditional and Internet banking through Southwest Securities, FSB (the bank). The bank is a federally chartered savings bank organized and existing under the laws of the United States. The banks one subsidiary, FSB Development, LLC (FSB Development), participates in the development of single-family residential lots.
Products and Services
The company operates through four business segments: Clearing, Retail, Institutional, and Banking.
This segment provides clearing and execution services for other broker/dealers, including general securities broker/dealers, bank affiliated firms and firms specializing in high volume trading.
The company physically maintains the clients account and performs various services as agent for the correspondent. It provides clearing and execution services for approximately 200 correspondents throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. As of June 26, 2009, Southwest Securities provided clearing services for seven high-volume firms.
In addition to clearing trades, the company provides other products and services to its correspondents, such as recordkeeping, trade reporting, accounting, general back-office support, securities and margin lending, reorganization assistance and custody of securities.
The Retail segment includes retail securities, insurance and managed accounts.
Retail Securities: The company acts as securities broker through its employee registered representatives or through its independent contractor arrangements. As a securities broker, the company acts as agent in the purchase and sale of securities, options, commodities and futures contracts traded on various securities and commodities exchanges or in the over-the-counter market for retail investors. Southwest Securities is registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission as a non-guaranteed introducing broker and is a member of the National Futures Association. Southwest Securities is a fully disclosed client of two of the futures commodity merchants in the United States.
As of June 26, 2009, Southwest Securities had 22 retail brokerage offices (2 located in each of Dallas and Houston and one located in each of Austin, Georgetown, Longview, Lufkin, Plano, San Antonio and Southlake, Texas; one located in each of Oklahoma City and Norman, Oklahoma; one located in each of Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New M
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SWS GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SWS GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SWS GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SWS GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SWS GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SWS Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SWS Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SWS Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SWS Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SWS Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SWS GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SWS GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SWS GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SWS GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SWS GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SWS GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SWS Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SWS Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SWS Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
SWS Group, Inc. History
SWS Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SWS Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
SWS Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SWS Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SWS Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SWS Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
SWS Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SWS Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SWS Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SWS Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SWS Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SWS Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SWS Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SWS Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?