- The report contains detailed information about Sterling Bancorp that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sterling Bancorp. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sterling Bancorp financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sterling Bancorp competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sterling Bancorp business.
About Sterling Bancorp
Sterling Bancorp operates as the holding company for Sterling National Bank. The company provides banking and related financial services and products to customers primarily in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut (the New York metropolitan area).
In addition to the bank, the companys subsidiaries include Sterling Banking Corporation, Sterling Real Estate Abstract Holding Company, Inc. and Sterling Bancorp Trust I (the trust). Its wholly owned subsidiaries include Sterling National Mortgage Company, Inc. (SNMC), Sterling Factors Corporation (Factors), Sterling Trade Services, Inc. (Trade Services), Sterling Resource Funding Corp. (Resource Funding), and Sterling Real Estate Holding Company, Inc.
The company maintains 12 offices in New York, 9 offices in New York City (6 branches and an international banking facility in Manhattan and 3 branches in Queens), 2 branches in Nassau County (1 in Great Neck and other in Woodbury, New York) and 1 branch in Yonkers, New York.
The company provides business and consumer lending, asset-based financing, factoring/accounts receivable management services, equipment leasing, commercial and residential mortgage lending and brokerage, deposit services, international trade financing, trust and estate administration, investment management and investment services.
Commercial Lending, Asset-Based Financing and Factoring/Accounts Receivable Management: The company provides loans to small and medium-sized businesses. The businesses are diversified across industries. Business loans can be tailored to meet customers specific long- and short-term needs, and include secured and unsecured lines of credit, business installment loans, business lines of credit, and debtor-in-possession financing. Loans are often collateralized by assets, such as accounts receivable, inventory, marketable securities, other liquid collateral, equipment and other assets.
Through its factoring subsidiary (Factors), the company provides accounts receivable management services. The purchase of a clients accounts receivable is known as factoring and results in payment by the client of a nonrefundable factoring fee.
Through a subsidiary, Sterling Resource Funding Corp., the company provides financing and human resource business process outsourcing support services, for the temporary staffing industry. Resource Funding provides back-office, computer, tax and accounting services, as well as financing, to independently-owned staffing companies. The average contract term is 18 months for approximately 200 staffing companies.
Lease Financing: The company offers lease financing services in the New York metropolitan area and across the United States through direct leasing programs, third party sources and vendor programs. It finances full payout leases for various types of business equipment, written on a recourse basiswith personal guarantees of the principals, with terms generally ranging from 24 to 60 months.
Residential and Commercial Mortgages: The companys real estate loan portfolio consists of real estate loans on one-to-four family residential properties, multi-family residential properties, and nonresidential commercial properties. The residential mortgage banking and brokerage business is conducted through offices located principally in New York. Residential mortgage loans are focused on conforming credit, government insured FHA and other high quality loan products and are originated primarily in the New York metropolitan area, Virginia and other mid-Atlantic states, almost all of these for resale. In addition, the company retains in portfolio fixed and floating rate residential mortgage loans, primarily on properties located in the New York metropolitan area, which were originated by its mortgage banking subsidiary. Commercial real estate lending, including financing on multi-family residential properties and nonresidential commercial properties, is offered on income-producing investor properties and owner-occupied properties, professional co-ops and condos.
Deposit Services: The company attracts deposits from customers located primarily in the New York metropolitan area, offering a range of de
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STERLING BANCORP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STERLING BANCORP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STERLING BANCORP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STERLING BANCORP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STERLING BANCORP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sterling Bancorp Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sterling Bancorp and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sterling Bancorp and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sterling Bancorp Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sterling Bancorp Industry Position Analysis
6. STERLING BANCORP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STERLING BANCORP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STERLING BANCORP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STERLING BANCORP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STERLING BANCORP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STERLING BANCORP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sterling Bancorp Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sterling Bancorp Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sterling Bancorp Major Shareholders
Sterling Bancorp History
Sterling Bancorp Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sterling Bancorp Offices and Representations
Sterling Bancorp SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sterling Bancorp Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sterling Bancorp Capital Market Snapshot
Sterling Bancorp Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Sterling Bancorp Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sterling Bancorp Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sterling Bancorp Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sterling Bancorp 1-year Stock Charts
Sterling Bancorp 5-year Stock Charts
Sterling Bancorp vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sterling Bancorp vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sterling Bancorp Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?