- The report contains detailed information about SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SouthFirst Bancshares Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. business.
About SouthFirst Bancshares Inc.
SouthFirst Bancshares, Inc. operates as a holding company for SouthFirst Bank (the bank). The bank provides various banking services to individual and corporate customers in its primary market area of the cities of Sylacauga, Clanton and Talladega in the state of Alabama, and provides lending services in Birmingham, Alabama.
SouthFirst Bank operates two wholly owned operating subsidiaries, Pension & Benefit Financial Services, Inc., d/b/a Pension & Benefit Trust Company (Pension & Benefit), an employee benefit plan consulting firm and trust company located in Montgomery, Alabama; and SouthFirst Mortgage, Inc. (SouthFirst Mortgage), residential mortgage and construction lending operations located in Hoover and Chelsea, Alabama. Further, SouthFirst organized, as a wholly owned subsidiary, SouthFirst Financial Services, Inc. (SouthFirst Financial), located in Montgomery and Sylacauga, Alabama, through which SouthFirst provides insurance products and other financial services to the customers of SouthFirst Bank.
The bank operates as a federally chartered mutual savings and loan association under the name Sylacauga Federal Savings and Loan Association. In 1995, the Bank changed its name to First Federal of the South and subsequently changed its name to SouthFirst Bank on September 2005, with an operational effective date of October 2005.
As of September 30, 2005, SouthFirst Bank conducted business from three full-service locations in Alabama. These locations included its main office in Sylacauga and its branch locations in Talladega and Clanton. In addition, SouthFirst Mortgage, the wholly owned subsidiary of SouthFirst Bank, operates loan production offices in the Alabama cities of Hoover and Chelsea, primarily to improve SouthFirst Banks construction-lending activities in the growing residential markets of metropolitan Birmingham. SouthFirst Bank also pursues other types of loans, such as consumer and commercial loans, in the Birmingham market area, as demands dictate.
In January 2004, SouthFirst Bank of the Souths wholly-owned subsidiary, SouthFirst Mortgage, acquired all of the assets and work in progress of Walton Mortgage, located in Chelsea, Alabama. In addition to being based in Chelsea, a rapidly growing area on the outskirts of Birmingham, Walton Mortgage has loan originators who generate mortgage loans in other locations within Alabama, including Huntsville, Montgomery, Cullman and Alexander City. SouthFirst Banks principal business has been, and continues to be, attracting retail deposits from the general public and investing those deposits, together with funds generated from operations, primarily in one-to-four family mortgage loans, residential constructions loans, mortgage-backed securities, collateralized mortgage obligations (CMOs) and investment securities.
SouthFirst Bank markets its one-to-four family residential loans and deposit accounts primarily to persons located in Talladega and Chilton Counties in Alabama. SouthFirst Bank offers its customers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate residential mortgage loans, residential construction loans, as well as other consumer loans, including savings account loans. Fixed-rate mortgage loans are generally sold upon origination to the secondary market. One-year adjustable-rate loans with 30-year maturities are generally originated for retention in SouthFirst Banks loan portfolio.
The banks primary deposit gathering and lending area covers Talladega and Chilton Counties in central Alabama, and also covers the adjoining Alabama counties of Coosa, Shelby, Clay, Cleburne, Calhoun, St. Clair and Jefferson.
The banks loan portfolio comprises of: real estate mortgage loans including, one-to-four family, multi-family and commercial, construction loans, land loans; savings account loans; installment loans; second mortgage loans; and consumer loans.
Residential Lending: First Federals primary lending activity consists of the origination of one-to-four family, owner-occupied, residential mortgage loans, secured by property located in First Federals market area. First Federal offers conventional fixed
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOUTHFIRST BANCSHARES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Major Shareholders
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. History
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Offices and Representations
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SouthFirst Bancshares Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?