- The report contains detailed information about Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. business.
About Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc.
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia, Inc. operates as the holding company for Sonabank, which provides commercial banking services to small and medium-sized businesses and retail consumers in Virginia.
The company conducts full-service community banking operations from locations in Fairfax County (Reston, McLean, and Fairfax), Charlottesville, Warrenton, Leesburg, New Market, Front Royal, South Riding, and Clifton Forge, Virginia and in Rockville, Maryland, and maintains loan production offices in Richmond, Charlottesville, Warrenton, and Fredericksburg.
The company focuses on making loans secured primarily by commercial real estate and other types of secured and unsecured commercial loans to small and medium-sized businesses in various industries, as well as loans to individuals for various purposes.
The company invests in real estate-related securities, including collateralized mortgage obligations and agency mortgage backed securities. It also invests funds in securities sold with an agreement to repurchase, reverse repurchase agreements, and securities issued by agencies of the federal government.
The company offers commercial mortgage and non-mortgage loans. These loans include commercial real estate loans, construction to permanent loans, development and builder loans, accounts receivable financing, lines of credit, equipment and vehicle loans, leasing, and commercial overdraft protection.
Commercial Real Estate Lending: Commercial real estate lending includes loans for permanent financing. It offers construction loans for commercial, multi-family, and other non-residential properties.
Commercial Business Lending: These loans consist of lines of credit, revolving credit facilities, demand loans, term loans, equipment loans, SBA loans, stand-by letters of credit, and unsecured loans. Commercial business loans are generally secured by accounts receivable, equipment, inventory and other collateral, such as readily marketable stocks and bonds with adequate margins, cash value in life insurance policies and savings and time deposits.
Small Business Administration (SBA) Lending: The company has developed a federally guaranteed SBA program. The SBA program is an economic development program which finances the expansion of small businesses. It offers SBA loans to potential borrowers who are proposing a business venture.
Residential Mortgage Lending: The company makes fixed and adjustable rate first mortgage loans on residential properties with terms of approximately 30 years.
Residential mortgage loans are secured by single-family homes. The company makes fixed and adjustable rate first mortgage loans on residential properties. It makes single family residential construction loans to builders/developers in its market areas. The company also originates home equity lines of credit.
Consumer Lending: The company offers various types of secured and unsecured consumer loans. It makes consumer loans primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.
Special Products and Services
Cash Management Services: The companys cash management services program includes specific products, such as investment/sweep accounts, wire transfer services, employer services/payroll processing services, zero balance accounts, night depository services, lockbox services, depository transfers, merchant services (third party), ACH originations, business debit cards, controlled disbursement accounts, SONA 24/7 (check 21 processing), and Sonabank asset based lending (SABL).
Other Consumer/Retail Products and Services: Other products and services that are offered by the company are primarily directed toward the individual customer and include the following: debit cards; ATM services; travelers checks; savings bonds; money orders; notary service; wire transfers; telephone banking; online banking with bill payment services; and credit cards.
The companys deposit products include non-interest-bearing and interest-bearing checking (or NOW account), commercial checking, money market accounts, savings accounts, and certificates of deposit.
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia, Inc. was founded in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Major Shareholders
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. History
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Offices and Representations
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?