Southern Commun. Bancshares Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Southern Commun. Bancshares that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Southern Commun. Bancshares. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Southern Commun. Bancshares financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Southern Commun. Bancshares competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Southern Commun. Bancshares business.
About Southern Commun. Bancshares
Southern Community Bancshares Inc (the Holding Company or the company) is a Delaware Corporation organized for the purpose of purchasing all of the capital stock of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Cullman (the Association) to be issued in connection with the Conversion.
The Association is a federal stock savings and loan association, which was organized in 1905. The Association is principally engaged in the business of originating mortgage loans secured by first mortgages on one-to-four family residential real estate located in Cullman County, Alabama, the Association's primary market area. The Association also originates loans for the construction of residential real estate and construction and permanent mortgage loans secured by multifamily real estate (over four units) and nonresidential real estate in its primary market area. In addition to real estate lending, the Association originates a limited number of commercial loans and secured and unsecured consumer loans. The Association invests in interest-bearing deposits in other financial institutions, U.S. Government and agency obligations, mortgage-backed securities, and other investments. Funds for lending and other investment activities are obtained primarily from savings deposits, which are insured up to applicable limits by the FDIC, and loan principal repayments.
The Association's primary market area for lending and deposit activity is Cullman County, Alabama.
Loans Secured by One- to Four-Family Residences: The principal lending activity of the Association is the origination of conventional loans secured by first mortgages on one- to four-family residences, primarily single-family residences located within the Association's primary market area.
Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs) are currently offered by the Association.
Loans Secured by Multifamily Residences: In addition to loans on one- to four-family properties, the Association originates loans secured by multifamily properties which contain more than four units. Multifamily loans are offered with adjustable or fixed rates for terms of up to 20 years and have LTVs up to 80%.
Loans Secured by Nonresidential Real Estate: The Association also originates loans for the purchase of nonresidential real estate. The Association's nonresidential real estate loans have adjustable rates or fixed rates. The Association also makes loans for the construction of nonresidential real estate.
Construction Loans: The Association makes loans for the construction of single-family houses, multifamily properties, and nonresidential real estate projects. Of the loans made by the Association for construction of single-family residences, all are made to owner-occupants or to professional builders.
Construction loans are offered with adjustable or fixed rates.
Commercial Loans: The Association makes commercial loans to businesses in its primary market area. Such loans are typically secured by a security interest in equipment, nonresidential real estate, or other assets of the borrower.
Consumer Loans: The Association makes various types of consumer loans, including loans made to depositors on the security of their deposit accounts, automobile loans, home improvement loans, and other secured loans and unsecured personal loans. Consumer loans are made at variable or fixed rates of interest and for varying terms based on the type of loan.
The Company's securities portfolio includes mortgage-backed securities which are insured or guaranteed by the FHLMC, GNMA, or the FNMA, all of which are backed by FHLMC, GNMA, and FNMA securities.
The Company's investment portfolio include U.S. Treasury and federal agencies, Equity securities, Federal Home Loan Bank stock and Mortage-backed securities.
Sources of Funds
Deposits have traditionally been the primary source of the Association's funds for use in lending and other investment activities. In addition to deposits, the Association derives funds from interest payments and principal repayments on loans and income on earning assets.
The Company's deposits are attracted principally from within the Company's primary market area through the offering of a wide selection of deposit instruments, including NOW accounts, money market accounts, regular passbook savings accounts, and term certificate accounts.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Southern Commun. Bancshares Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Southern Commun. Bancshares and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Southern Commun. Bancshares and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Southern Commun. Bancshares Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Industry Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Southern Commun. Bancshares Industry Position Analysis
6. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOUTHERN COMMUN. BANCSHARES VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Southern Commun. Bancshares Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Southern Commun. Bancshares 1-year Stock Charts
Southern Commun. Bancshares 5-year Stock Charts
Southern Commun. Bancshares vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Southern Commun. Bancshares vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Southern Commun. Bancshares Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Southern Commun. Bancshares Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Southern Commun. Bancshares Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Southern Commun. Bancshares Major Shareholders
Southern Commun. Bancshares History
Southern Commun. Bancshares Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Southern Commun. Bancshares Offices and Representations
Southern Commun. Bancshares SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Southern Commun. Bancshares Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Southern Commun. Bancshares Capital Market Snapshot
Southern Commun. Bancshares Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Industry Industry Statistics
Southern Commun. Bancshares Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Southern Commun. Bancshares Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?