- The report contains detailed information about Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. business.
About Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd.
Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides various financial products and services, including commercial banking, corporate banking, private banking, credit card, asset management, brokerage, and insurance services.
The company serves approximately 14.8 million active customers. It focuses on serving the needs of its clients through a global network of its 47 offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, the Peoples Republic of China, Germany, India, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, and Singapore.
The company provides various financial services, including commercial banking services, consisting of the retail banking services; corporate banking services, primarily consisting of small- and medium-sized enterprises banking and large corporate banking; treasury and securities investment; trust account management services provided by Shinhan Bank; credit card services; securities brokerage services; insurance services, primarily consisting of life insurance services and bancassurance; asset management services, including brokerage and trading of various securities, related margin lending and deposit and trust services, and other asset management services; and other services, including leasing and equipment financing, investment trust management, regional banking, investment banking advisory and loan collection and credit reporting.
The company, principally through Shinhan Bank, offers various deposit products that target different customer segments with features tailored to each segments financial and other profile. Its deposit products include demand deposits; savings deposits; certificates of deposit; time deposits; and mutual installment deposits. It also offers deposits which provide the customer with preferential rights to housing subscriptions and eligibility for mortgage loans. These products include housing subscription time deposits and housing subscription installment savings deposits. It also offers court deposit services for litigants in Korean courts, which involve providing an escrow service for litigants involved in certain types of legal proceedings or other disputes.
RETAIL BANKING SERVICES
The company provides retail banking services primarily through Shinhan Bank, and through Jeju Bank, a regional commercial bank. Retail banking services include mortgage and retail lending, as well as demand, savings and fixed deposit-taking, checking account services, electronic banking and ATM services, bill paying services, payroll and check-cashing services, currency exchange, and wire fund transfer. The retail segment places an emphasis on targeting high net worth individuals.
Retail Lending Activities: The company offers various retail loan products consisting principally of household loans, which target different segments of the population with features tailored to each segments financial profile and other characteristics, including each customers profession, age, loan purpose, collateral requirements and the duration of the customers relationship with the bank. Household loans consist principally of the following mortgage and home equity loans comprising mortgage loans which are loans to finance home purchases and are generally secured by the home being purchased; and other retail loans, which are loans made to customers for any purpose other than mortgage and home equity loans and the terms of which vary based primarily upon the characteristics of the borrower and which are either unsecured or secured, or guaranteed by deposits or a third party.
Private Banking: As of December 31, 2008, Shinhan Bank operated 16 private banking centers nationwide, including 10 in Seoul, 2 in the suburbs of Seoul and 4 in other cities located in other regions in Korea. As of December 31, 2008, Shinhan Bank had approximately 3,700 private banking customers.
CORPORATE BANKING SERVICES
The company provides corporate banking services, primarily through Shinhan Bank, to small and medium sized enterprises and enterprises known as small office, home office (SOHO), which are small enterprises operated b
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH KOREA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. History
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?