- The report contains detailed information about Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. business.
About Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc.
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc., through its principal subsidiary, Rodman & Renshaw, LLC, provides investment banking services. The company provides corporate finance, strategic advisory and related services to public and private companies across multiple sectors and regions.
The company also provides research and sales and trading services primarily to institutional investors. The company operates in the PIPE (private investment in public equity) and RD (registered direct offering) transaction markets. The sectors that the company serves include life science/healthcare, energy, metals/mining, financial services and cleantech and the regions it serves include the United States and China. The companys primary product and service offerings include financing transactions, including private placements and public offerings. It also provides research and sales and trading services to institutional investors.
The companys segments include Capital Markets and Merchant Banking.
The Capital Markets segment includes the companys investment banking, sales and trading activities and research.
The companys investment banking professionals focus on providing corporate finance and strategic advisory services to public and private companies. As of December 31, 2009, its investment banking group consisted of 16 senior managing directors and managing directors, who focus on originating, structuring and placing transactions.
The company focuses primarily on financing transactions. Its in-depth knowledge of a particular sector enables the company to develop financing strategies, transaction structures and financing instruments that address issuers needs for capital and the investment communitys need to balance risk and reward. The company offers its clients a range of financing alternatives, including private placements, Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPEs), registered direct offering (RDs) and underwritten public offerings.
Private Placements: These transactions involve sales of unregistered securities. In most cases the issuer is a private company, although public companies can undertake private placements as well. The securities sold may be common or preferred equity, debt, convertible debt, or derivatives, such as warrants.
Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE): In these transactions, a publicly-traded reporting company sells unregistered securities of a class, and/or convertible or exchangeable for a class, that is already publicly traded. The issuer is obligated to register the securities within a specified period after the transaction closes.
Registered Direct Offerings: These transactions are direct placements of securities that have been registered under a shelf registration statement and, therefore, are immediately tradable.
Public Offerings: These transactions involve securities that have been registered and that are listed or traded on an exchange. The offering may constitute an initial public offering by a private company or a follow-on offering; by an existing public company.
Strategic Advisory Services
The company also provides strategic advisory services on a range of transactions including mergers, acquisitions and asset sales. It is involved at each stage of these transactions, from initial structuring to final execution.
Sales and Trading
As of December 31, 2009, the companys sales and trading unit included five sales people, four sales traders and three traders. They focus on executing trades for institutional investor clients in the United States and Europe. As of December 31, 2009, the company was a market-maker for 320 stocks.
The Merchant Banking segment is primarily consists of operating activities related to Aceras BioMedical. The company formed Aceras BioMedical, a joint venture through which it, in partnership with Aceras Partners, LLC, make principal investments in early-stage biotechnology and life sciences companies. In conjunction with the establishment of the joint venture, the company formed a new wholly-owned subsidiary which holds a 50% stake in Aceras BioMedical and serves as the holding vehicle for all of its principal-related businesses.
The company considers its primary competitors to include Canaccord Adams, Inc.; Leerink Swann & Co.; Cowen Group, Inc.; Merriman Curhan Ford Group, Inc.; Jefferies Group, Inc.; Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.; JMP Group, Inc.; Piper Jaffray Companies; Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services, Inc.; Roth Capital Partners, LLC; Lazard Ltd.; and Thomas Weisel Partners Group, Inc.
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RODMAN & RENSHAW CAPITAL GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. History
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?