- The report contains detailed information about Rockville Financial Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rockville Financial Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rockville Financial Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rockville Financial Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rockville Financial Inc. business.
About Rockville Financial Inc.
Rockville Financial, Inc. operates as the holding company for Rockville Bank, which provides banking services to individuals, families, professionals, and businesses.
The company's market area is located in the north central part of Connecticut, including, the eastern part of the greater Hartford metropolitan area. It operates through its main office in Rockville, Connecticut, 21 branches located in Hartford, New London and Tolland Counties in Connecticut, and 45 automated teller machines (ATM), including 13 stand-alone ATM facilities.
The company's primary lending activity has been the origination of first mortgage loans for the purchase or refinancing of one-to-four family Residential Mortgage Loans. It also offers commercial real estate loans, commercial business loans, construction mortgage loans, and consumer loans.
Residential Mortgage Loans: The company's primary lending activities consist of the origination of one-to-four family residential mortgage loans that are primarily secured by properties located in Tolland and Hartford Counties. It also offers adjustable-rate mortgage loans for one-to-four family properties. It also offers home equity loans and home equity of lines of credit, both of which are secured by owner-occupied one-to-four family residences.
Commercial Real Estate Loans: The company originates commercial real estate loans and loans on owner occupied properties used for various business purposes, including small office buildings, industrial facilities, and retail facilities.
Commercial Construction Loans: The company offers commercial construction loans, including real estate subdivision development loans to licensed contractors and builders for the construction and development of commercial real estate projects and one-to-four family residential properties.
Residential Construction Loans: The company originates construction loans to individuals and contractors for the construction and acquisition of personal residences.
Commercial Business Loans: The company makes commercial business loans primarily in its market area to various professionals, sole proprietorships, and small businesses. Commercial business products include term loans and revolving lines of credit. Such loans are used for longer-term working capital purposes, such as purchasing equipment or financing short term cash needs.
Installment, Collateral, and Other Loans: The company offers a range of installment and collateral consumer loans, primarily to customers residing in its primary market area with acceptable credit ratings. Its installment and collateral consumer loans consist of loans on new and used automobiles, loans collateralized by deposit accounts, and unsecured personal loans.
As of December 31, 2009, the company's investments portfolio included U.S. government and government-sponsored enterprise obligations; government-sponsored residential mortgage-backed securities; corporate debt securities; and marketable equity securities.
The company offers a selection of deposit instruments, including checking, savings, money market savings accounts, negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) accounts, and fixed-rate time deposits.
The company's subsidiaries also include SBR Mortgage Company, SBR Investment Corp.; Rockville Financial Services, Inc.; and Rockville Bank Mortgage, Inc.
SBR Mortgage Company: SBR Mortgage Company operates as the passive investment company (PIC).
SBR Investment Corp.: SBR Investment Corp. maintains an ownership interest in a third-party registered broker-dealer, Infinex Investments, Inc., which provides broker-dealer services for various banks and to the customers through Rockville Financial Services, Inc.
Rockville Financial Services, Inc.: Rockville Financial Services, Inc. offers brokerage and investment advisory services through a contract with Infinex. In addition, Rockville Financial Services, Inc. operates three offices at Rockville Bank and offers customers a range of non-deposit investment products including mutual funds, debt, equity and government securities, retirement accounts, insurance products and fixed and variable annuities.
Rockville Bank Mortgage, Inc.: Rockville Bank Mortgage, Inc. engages in mortgage origination business.
Rockville Financial, Inc. was founded in 1858.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rockville Financial Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rockville Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rockville Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rockville Financial Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rockville Financial Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ROCKVILLE FINANCIAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rockville Financial Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rockville Financial Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rockville Financial Inc. Major Shareholders
Rockville Financial Inc. History
Rockville Financial Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rockville Financial Inc. Offices and Representations
Rockville Financial Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rockville Financial Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rockville Financial Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Rockville Financial Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Rockville Financial Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rockville Financial Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rockville Financial Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rockville Financial Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Rockville Financial Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Rockville Financial Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rockville Financial Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rockville Financial Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?