- The report contains detailed information about River Valley Bancorp that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for River Valley Bancorp. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The River Valley Bancorp financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes River Valley Bancorp competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of River Valley Bancorp business.
About River Valley Bancorp
River Valley Bancorp operates as the holding company for River Valley Financial Bank, which provides various banking products and services for consumer and commercial customers in southeastern Indiana and portions of northeastern Kentucky.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated eight full-service office locations in Jefferson, Floyd, and Clark Counties, Indiana; and Carroll County, Kentucky.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys loan portfolio included residential real estate loans; consumer loans; and commercial loans.
Residential Loans: Residential loans consist primarily of one- to four-family residential loans. It offers adjustable rate one- to four-family residential mortgage loans. It offers fixed rate one- to four-family residential mortgage loans which provide for the payment of principal and interest over periods of 10 to 30 years. It also offers standard second mortgage loans.
Construction Loans: The company offers construction loans with respect to residential and nonresidential real estate and, to builders or developers constructing such properties on a speculative basis.
Nonresidential Real Estate Loans: Nonresidential real estate loans are primarily secured by real estate, such as churches, farms, and small business properties. The company originates nonresidential real estate, as adjustable rate loans of varying rates with lock-in terms of approximately 10 years.
Multi-family Loans: These loans consist of mortgage loans secured by multi-family dwellings (those consisting of approximately four units). It writes multi-family loans on terms and conditions similar to its nonresidential real estate loans.
Land Loans: The companys loan portfolio consists of mortgage loans secured by undeveloped real estate.
Commercial Loans: The company's commercial loans consist of non-mortgage commercial loans. Its commercial loans are written on either a fixed rate or an adjustable rate basis.
Consumer Loans: The companys consumer loans consist primarily of auto loans, home improvement loans, unsecured installment loans, loans secured by deposits, and mobile home loans.
The companys deposit products include certificates of deposits, NOW, MMDAs, and other transaction accounts, as well as individual retirement accounts and savings accounts.
The companys investment portfolio includes U.S. government and agency obligations, corporate bonds, municipal securities, and Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) stock.
River Valley Bancorp was founded in 1875.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. River Valley Bancorp Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of River Valley Bancorp and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of River Valley Bancorp and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. River Valley Bancorp Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. River Valley Bancorp Industry Position Analysis
6. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RIVER VALLEY BANCORP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
River Valley Bancorp Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
River Valley Bancorp Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
River Valley Bancorp Major Shareholders
River Valley Bancorp History
River Valley Bancorp Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
River Valley Bancorp Offices and Representations
River Valley Bancorp SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
River Valley Bancorp Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
River Valley Bancorp Capital Market Snapshot
River Valley Bancorp Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
River Valley Bancorp Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
River Valley Bancorp Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
River Valley Bancorp Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
River Valley Bancorp 1-year Stock Charts
River Valley Bancorp 5-year Stock Charts
River Valley Bancorp vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
River Valley Bancorp vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
River Valley Bancorp Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?