- The report contains detailed information about RHJ International S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for RHJ International S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The RHJ International S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes RHJ International S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of RHJ International S.A. business.
About RHJ International S.A.
RHJ International, a holding company, provides products and services to the automotive components, cast auto parts, consumer electronics, consumer products, audio-visual/home theater-related, hospitality, and media and entertainment industries. The company operates primarily in Japan, Asia, Europe and North America.
The Company holds interest in seven businesses, including Asahi Tec Corporation, Honsel International Techonogies S.A., Nilels Co, Ltd., D&M Holdings, Inc., Phoenix Seagaia Resort, Columbia Music Entertainment, Inc., and Shaklee Global Group, Inc.
Asahi Tec Corporation (Asahi)
The Company has ownership interest of 58.4%. Asahi primarily engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of ductile cast iron, aluminum and other fabricated components for automobiles, trucks and construction machinery original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) (General Casting and Forging Parts segment) and metals parts for use in the transmission of electricity and water treatment systems (Devices and Equipment segment).
Honsel International Techonogies S.A. (HIT)
The Company has ownership interest of 57.9%. HIT supplies Europe of light metal products to the automotive and heavy truck industry. HIT primarily designs, manufactures and sells aluminum and magnesium components and assemblies, principally to the automotive industry. HIT has four main product categories: engine, transmission, suspension and body. HIT operates principally in Europe and North America.
Customers: HITs customers are principally automobile and truck original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers that ship directly to these OEMs.
Nilels Co, Ltd. (Niles)
The Company has ownership interest of 96.2%. Niles engages in manufacture of switches for automobiles. The switches serve as key components in many vehicle systems that are typically developed and assembled by suppliers or by automobile original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) themselves. Niles main switch product categories include those related to the steering column, doors and power-train/pedal. Niles also manufactures sensors for automobiles. The company operates principally in North America and Europe.
Customers: Niles' customers are principally automobile OEMs, such as Nissan and General Motors, and other suppliers to these automobile OEMs.
D&M Holdings, Inc. (D&M)
The Company has ownership interest of 51.7%. D&M engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of premium audio-visual systems and components and digital entertainment home networking products for home and professional use. D&M markets these products under its premium brand names, Denon, Marantz, Mcintosh, Rio and Escient.
Phoenix Seagaia Resort K. K.
The Company has 100% ownership interest. This is a resort complex located in Miyazaki Prefecture on Kyushu, the southernmost of the main islands of Japan. Phoenix Seagaia Resort includes golf courses, lodging facilities, renovated spa (onsen) and fitness facilities, one of the major convention centers in Japan, an indoor water amusement park and a tennis club.
Columbia Music Entertainment, Inc. (CME)
The Company has ownership interest of 25.5%. CME engages primarily in music production and entertainment in Japan (Music Entertainment segment) and pressing services in Japan and the United States (CD/DVD Pressing segment). Music production and entertainment is the production, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of music. Pressing services comprise contract manufacturing of CDs, DVDs and other products. The company operates primarily in Japan and the United States.
Shaklee Global Group, Inc. (Shaklee)
The Company has ownership interest of 40.7%. Shaklee provides personal care, household, and air and water treatment products. Shaklee operates in the United States, Japan, Malaysia, Canada and Mexico. Shaklee Global Group acquired Shaklee Corporation (US) in 2004.
RHJ International SA has formed RHJI Industrial Partners Asia, Inc. to focus on additional investment opportunities in Asia.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. RHJ International S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of RHJ International S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of RHJ International S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. RHJ International S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. RHJ International S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BELGIUM PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RHJ INTERNATIONAL S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
RHJ International S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
RHJ International S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
RHJ International S.A. Major Shareholders
RHJ International S.A. History
RHJ International S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
RHJ International S.A. Offices and Representations
RHJ International S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
RHJ International S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
RHJ International S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
RHJ International S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
RHJ International S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
RHJ International S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
RHJ International S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
RHJ International S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
RHJ International S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
RHJ International S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
RHJ International S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
RHJ International S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?