- The report contains detailed information about Resource America Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Resource America Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Resource America Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Resource America Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Resource America Inc. business.
About Resource America Inc.
Resource America, Inc. operates as a specialized asset management company. The company uses industry specific know-how to generate and administer investment opportunities for the company and for outside investors in the financial fund management, real estate and commercial finance sectors.
The assets are managed on behalf of institutional and individual investors and a specialty finance real estate investment trust, Resource Capital Corp. (RCC). The company attracts investment funds through the sponsorship of investment vehicles, including CDO issuers, public and private investment partnerships, TIC programs and a real estate investment trust, or REIT. It arranges for the funding of these vehicles through short, medium and longer-term bank financing, CDO issuances and equity investments.
Financial Fund Management
The company focuses its financial fund management operations on the sponsorship and management of CDO issuers and the management of RCC. It conducts financial fund management operations through three principal subsidiaries:
Apidos Capital Management, LLC, or Apidos, which invests in, finances, structures and manages investments in bank loans.
Ischus Capital Management, LLC, or Ischus, which invests in, finances, structures and manages investments in asset-backed securities or ABS, including residential mortgage-backed securities, or RMBS, and commercial mortgage-backed securities, or CMBS.
Trapeza Capital Management, LLC, or Trapeza, a joint venture between the company and an unrelated third party, which originates, structures, finances and manages investments in trust preferred securities and senior debt securities of banks, bank holding companies, insurance companies and other financial companies.
CDOs: The company focuses on the sponsorship of CDO issuers whose CDOs are backed by assets purchased through Ischus, Apidos and Trapeza and the management of their assets. The company acquires assets for its CDO issuers principally in transactions with the issuers of those assets, and is responsible for the evaluation of assets proposed for inclusion in the CDO issuers portfolio.
The companys real estate operations involve: the sponsorship and management of real estate investment partnerships and TIC programs; the management, solely for RCC, of general investments in commercial real estate debt. These investments may include first mortgage debt, whole loans, mortgage participations, subordinate notes, mezzanine debt and related commercial real estate securities; and the management and resolution of a legacy portfolio of real estate loans and property interests.
Real Estate Investment Partnerships and TIC Programs: The company has sponsored five real estate investment partnerships and four TIC programs in which investors acquire undivided fractional interests in real properties through a tenant-in-common structure. These partnerships and TIC programs have acquired interests in 17 multi-family apartment complexes comprising of 5,754 units.
Resource Capital Corp: The company manages commercial real estate loan assets on behalf of RCC. RCC operates as a REIT. RCC invests in a diversified portfolio of B notes, CMBS and other real estate-related loans and commercial finance assets. The company manages RCC through Resource Capital Manager, Inc., or RCM, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary.
Legacy Portfolio of Loan and Property Interests: In addition to real estate investment partnerships, TIC programs and commercial loan portfolio, the company has a legacy portfolio of real estate loans and property interests. The company has interest in one of the properties underlying the restructured loans.
The company focuses its commercial finance operations on equipment leases and asset-based loans to small and mid-sized companies. Its equipment lease financing is for business-essential equipment including technology, commercial, industrial and medical equipment, with a primary financed transaction size of under $2.0 million and an average size of between $50,000 to $100,000. Its asset-backed non-commercial financing is used by borrowers to acquire professional practices, such as dental or veterinary practice and business franchises. The company also provides loans to other commercial finance companies secured by pledged financial assets. Its asset-based loans range from between $5 million to $15 million.
Resource Europe: The company, in April 2006, commenced its European leveraged loan operations, Resource Europe, based in London, England. Resource Europe is in the process of completing its first CDO.
Credit Facilities: The company, through its subsidiaries, has access to three separate credit facilities. It also has arranged three credit facilities for three of its CDO issuers relating to their accumulation of assets, for which the company is a guarantor.
The company, in the year 2006, undertook various activities in its asset management operations that include:
Public Equity: The company sponsored three investment partnerships for institutional and individual investors focused on private equity investments in domestic regional banks.
Hedge Fund: The company sponsored one partnership for institutional and individual investors that was structured as a hedge fund. The fund focuses on credit products.
Resource Europe: The company formed Resource Europe, Inc. in 2006 to focus on investments in international, principally European, bank loans.
Resource America, Inc. was founded in 1966.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Resource America Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Resource America Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Resource America Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Resource America Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Resource America Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RESOURCE AMERICA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Resource America Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Resource America Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Resource America Inc. Major Shareholders
Resource America Inc. History
Resource America Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Resource America Inc. Offices and Representations
Resource America Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Resource America Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Resource America Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Resource America Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Resource America Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Resource America Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Resource America Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Resource America Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Resource America Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Resource America Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Resource America Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Resource America Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?