- The report contains detailed information about Remgro Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Remgro Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Remgro Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Remgro Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Remgro Ltd. business.
About Remgro Ltd.
Remgro Limited operates as an investment holding company in South Africa. The companys interests consist mainly of investments in banking and financial services, printing and packaging, motor components, glass products, medical services, mining, petroleum products, food, wine and spirits, and various other trade mark products.
The companys activities are classified into five segments: Tobacco interests, Financial services, Industrial interests, Mining interests, and Other interests.
Rainbow Chicken Limited (Rainbow): The Rainbow range of products can be classified as core and added value. Added-value products include Rainbow Viennas and Polonies, Rainbow Crumbed, Rainbow Grill, and Braai.
Medi-Clinic Corporation Limited (Medi-Clinic): Hirslanden is a private hospital group in Switzerland, comprising 13 private acute-care facilities. Medi-Clinic has a controlling interest (50% plus one share) in Emirates Healthcare Holdings Limited which owns and operates the Welcare Hospital and The City Hospital in Dubai. Emirates Healthcare also has the right to develop another hospital.
Tsb Sugar Holdings (Pty) Limited (Tsb Sugar): Tsb Sugar is primarily involved in cane growing and the production, transport and marketing of refined sugar, brown sugar, animal feed, and citrus. The main area of operation is the Nkomazi region in the Mpumalanga Lowveld. Sugar products are sold under the Selati brand. The Selati brand target markets are Gauteng, Mpumalanga, North West, and Limpopo. Tsb Sugars two sugar mills are situated near Malelane and Komatipoort. Tsb Sugar also holds a 27.4% shareholding in Royal Swaziland Sugar Corporation Limited, a company that owns and operates two sugar mills in Swaziland. In addition, the company holds a shareholding of 63.7% in Mananga Sugar Packers, a sugar packaging and marketing company based in Swaziland, which markets sugar under the First brand in Swaziland, as well as in South Africa.
Tsb Sugars animal feed operation, Molatek, produces various feed products for the livestock market. The major raw materials (molasses and bagasse) used in the production process are by-products of sugar production.
Tsb Sugar is also invested in citrus through its 51% share in Golden Frontiers Citrus (GFC). GFC owns three citrus estates where grapefruit and oranges are cultivated, harvested and packed for the export market. The marketing of the citrus is undertaken by Komati Fruits, a partnership between various citrus producers. GFC also leases a citrus farm from, and manages banana farms on behalf of, newly established companies.
Air Products South Africa (Pty) Limited (Air Products): Air Products is the manufacturer of industrial gases in Southern Africa. Air Products also imports and distributes a variety of specialty gases and chemical products that are supplied to a range of industries, including steel, chemicals, oil refining, resource minerals, glass, pulp and paper, food packaging, as well as general manufacturing, fabrication and welding. The company operates large-scale plants in Southern Africa, providing gas supply solutions to major corporations through pipeline supply or bulk liquid gases delivered by road tankers. A variety of smaller customers are supplied with a range of products in cylinders or minitanks. These customers are assisted in the use of these products by technologies supplied by Air Products.
Kagiso Trust Investments (Pty) Limited (KTI): KTI is a black economic controlled investment holding company. Its investments are predominantly in the financial services, media and mining sectors. Its major investments are its interests in Metropolitan Holdings Limited and Kagiso Media Limited.
PGSI Limited (PGSI): PGSI, through its wholly owned subsidiary, PG Group (Pty) Limited, is a flat-glass manufacturer in Africa. Products are supplied to the building and construction, home improvement, furniture, solar energy, new vehicle manufacturing, auto glass replacement, and rail industries. It is also an exporter of building and auto glass finished products to Africa, Europe, and the USA.
Business Partners Limited (Business Partners): Business Partners is a specialist investment group, providing risk finance, mentorship, and property management services to small and medium enterprises in South Africa.
Xiocom Wireless, Inc. (Xiocom): Xiocom is a provider of integrated wireless broadband solutions to network operators in underserved markets.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REMGRO LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REMGRO LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REMGRO LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REMGRO LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REMGRO LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Remgro Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Remgro Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Remgro Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Remgro Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Remgro Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. REMGRO LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REMGRO LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REMGRO LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REMGRO LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REMGRO LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REMGRO LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Remgro Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Remgro Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Remgro Ltd. Major Shareholders
Remgro Ltd. History
Remgro Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Remgro Ltd. Offices and Representations
Remgro Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Remgro Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Remgro Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Remgro Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Remgro Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Remgro Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Remgro Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Remgro Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Remgro Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Remgro Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Remgro Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Remgro Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?