- The report contains detailed information about Provident New York Bancorp that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Provident New York Bancorp. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Provident New York Bancorp financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Provident New York Bancorp competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Provident New York Bancorp business.
About Provident New York Bancorp
Provident New York Bancorp operates as the bank holding company for Provident Bank that provides commercial, community, and retail banking products and services to businesses and individuals in New York and New Jersey.
The company operates 35 branches which serve the Hudson Valley region, including 34 branches located in Rockland, Orange, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester and Putnam Counties in New York, and 1 branch in Bergen County, New Jersey, which operates under the name Towncenter Bank, a division of Provident Bank, New York. It also offers deposit services to municipalities located in the State of New York through Provident Banks wholly-owned subsidiary, Provident Municipal Bank. Its primary lending area consists of Rockland and Orange Counties, as well as contiguous counties.
Provest Services Corp. I is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Provident Bank, holding an investment in a limited partnership that operates an assisted-living facility. Provest Services Corp. II is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Provident Bank that has engaged a third-party provider to sell annuities, life, and health insurance products to Provident Banks customers. Provident REIT, Inc. and WSB Funding, Inc. are wholly-owned subsidiaries in the form of a real estate investment trusts and hold both residential and commercial real estate loans.
In addition to Provident Bank, the company owns Hardenburgh Abstract Company of Orange County, Inc. and Hudson Valley Investment Advisors, LLC, an investment advisory firm.
Provident Municipal Bank
Provident Municipal Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Provident Bank, is a New York State-chartered commercial bank which engages in the business of accepting deposits from municipalities in its market area.
The company originates commercial real estate loans, commercial business loans and acquisition, development and construction loans. It also originates in its market area fixed-rate and adjustable-rate (ARM) residential mortgage loans collateralized by one- to four-family residential real estate, and consumer loans, such as home equity lines of credit, homeowner loans, and personal loans.
Commercial Real Estate Lending: The company originates real estate loans secured predominantly by first liens on commercial real estate. The commercial properties are predominantly non-residential properties, such as office buildings, shopping centers, retail strip centers, industrial, and warehouse properties and, to a lesser extent, specialized properties, such as churches, mobile home parks, restaurants, and motel/hotels.
Commercial Business Loans: The company offers various types of secured and unsecured commercial loans to customers in its market area for the purpose of financing equipment acquisition, expansion, working capital, and other general business purposes.
One- to Four-Family Real Estate Lending: The company offers conforming and non-conforming, fixed-rate, and adjustable-rate residential mortgage loans. It offers both fixed- and adjustable-rate conventional mortgage loans. The company also originates loans other than jumbo loans that are not saleable to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. It offers ARM loan products secured by residential properties with rates that are fixed.
Acquisition, Development and Construction Loans: The company originates land acquisition, development and construction loans to builders in its market area. It also makes construction loans to area builders, often in conjunction with development loans.
Consumer Loans: The company originates various consumer and other loans, including homeowner loans, home equity lines of credit, new and used automobile loans, and personal unsecured loans, including fixed-rate installment loans and variable lines of credit.
The company offers various deposit accounts with a range of interest rates and terms. Its deposit accounts consist of savings accounts, NOW accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts, club accounts, certificates of deposit, and IRAs and other qualified plan accounts. It provides various commercial checking accounts, and other products for businesses. In addition, it provides checking account services for low-income customers.
The companys investment portfolio comprises its investments in debt securities issued by the U.S. government and U.S. agencies, municipal bonds, and corporate debt obligations, as well as investments in preferred and common stock of government agencies and government sponsored enterprises such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York (federal agency securities) and, to a lesser extent, other equity securities.
The company was founded in 1888. It was formerly known as Provident Bancorp, Inc. and changed its name to Provident New York Bancorp in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Provident New York Bancorp Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Provident New York Bancorp and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Provident New York Bancorp and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Provident New York Bancorp Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Provident New York Bancorp Industry Position Analysis
6. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PROVIDENT NEW YORK BANCORP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Provident New York Bancorp Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Provident New York Bancorp Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Provident New York Bancorp Major Shareholders
Provident New York Bancorp History
Provident New York Bancorp Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Provident New York Bancorp Offices and Representations
Provident New York Bancorp SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Provident New York Bancorp Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Provident New York Bancorp Capital Market Snapshot
Provident New York Bancorp Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Provident New York Bancorp Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Provident New York Bancorp Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Provident New York Bancorp Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Provident New York Bancorp 1-year Stock Charts
Provident New York Bancorp 5-year Stock Charts
Provident New York Bancorp vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Provident New York Bancorp vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Provident New York Bancorp Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?