Piper Jaffray Companies Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Piper Jaffray Companies that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Piper Jaffray Companies. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Piper Jaffray Companies financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Piper Jaffray Companies competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Piper Jaffray Companies business.
About Piper Jaffray Companies
Piper Jaffray Companies operates as an investment bank and institutional securities firm, serving the needs of middle-market corporations, private equity groups, public entities, nonprofit clients, and institutional investors.
The company provides a set of products and services, including equity and debt capital markets products; public finance services; mergers and acquisitions advisory services; institutional equity and fixed income sales and trading; equity research; and asset management services.
The company markets its investment banking and institutional securities business under a single namePiper Jaffray. The company markets its primary asset management business under the name of FAMCO, which is derived from its subsidiary, Fiduciary Asset Management, LLC.
The company operates predominantly in the United States. It also provides investment banking, research, and sales and trading services to selected companies in international jurisdictions in Europe and Asia. Piper Jaffray Ltd. is its brokerage and investment banking subsidiary domiciled in London, England. The company has investment banking offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai that operate under the name Piper Jaffray Asia.
The companys continuing operations consist principally of four components:
Investment Banking: The company raises capital through equity and debt financings for its corporate clients. It operates in eight focus industries, namely, the alternative energy, business services, consumer, financial institutions, health care, industrial growth, media and telecommunications, and technology industries, primarily focusing on middle-market clients. The company also provides financial advisory services relating to mergers and acquisitions to clients in these focus industries, as well as to companies in other industries. For its government and non-profit clients, the company underwrites debt issuances and provides financial advisory and interest rate risk management services. The companys public finance investment banking capabilities focus on state and local governments, healthcare, higher education, housing, hospitality, and commercial real estate industries.
Equity and Fixed Income Institutional Sales and Trading: The company offers both equity and fixed income advisory and trade execution services for institutional investors, public and private corporations, public entities and non-profit clients. The company has equity sales and trading relationships with institutional investors in the United States, Europe and Asia that invest in its focus industries. The companys fixed income sales and trading professionals have expertise in municipal, corporate, agency and high-yield and structured product securities and cover a range of institutional investors. In addition, the company engages in proprietary trading in certain products where the company has expertise.
Asset Management: The company's asset management services are principally offered through its subsidiary, Fiduciary Asset Management, LLC (FAMCO). FAMCO provides services to separately managed accounts and closed-end funds and offers an array of investment products, including flex equity, master limited partnerships, fixed income balance, and quantitative equity funds.
Other Income: Other income includes gains and losses from investments in private equity and venture capital funds as well as other firm investments and income associated with the forfeiture of stock-based compensation.
Piper Jaffray Companies was founded in 1895.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Piper Jaffray Companies Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Piper Jaffray Companies and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Piper Jaffray Companies and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Piper Jaffray Companies Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Piper Jaffray Companies Industry Position Analysis
6. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PIPER JAFFRAY COMPANIES VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Piper Jaffray Companies Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Piper Jaffray Companies 1-year Stock Charts
Piper Jaffray Companies 5-year Stock Charts
Piper Jaffray Companies vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Piper Jaffray Companies vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Piper Jaffray Companies Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Piper Jaffray Companies Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Piper Jaffray Companies Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Piper Jaffray Companies Major Shareholders
Piper Jaffray Companies History
Piper Jaffray Companies Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Piper Jaffray Companies Offices and Representations
Piper Jaffray Companies SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Piper Jaffray Companies Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Piper Jaffray Companies Capital Market Snapshot
Piper Jaffray Companies Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Piper Jaffray Companies Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Piper Jaffray Companies Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?