- The report contains detailed information about People's United Financial Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for People's United Financial Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The People's United Financial Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes People's United Financial Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of People's United Financial Inc. business.
About People's United Financial Inc.
Peoples United Financial, Inc. operates as the holding company for Peoples United Bank, which provides commercial banking, retail and small business banking, and wealth management services to individual, corporate, and municipal customers.
The company's traditional banking activities are conducted primarily within New England and include extending secured and unsecured commercial and consumer loans, originating mortgage loans secured by residential and commercial properties, and accepting consumer, commercial and municipal deposits. In addition to traditional banking activities, it provides specialized financial services tailored to specific markets including: personal, institutional and employee benefit trust; cash management; and municipal banking and finance.
Through its non-banking subsidiaries, the company offers: brokerage, financial advisory services, investment management services and life insurance through Peoples Securities, Inc.; equipment financing through Peoples Capital and Leasing Corp. (PCLC); and other insurance services through R.C. Knox and Company, Inc. and Chittenden Insurance Group, LLC.
The company's financial services are delivered through a network of nearly 300 branches in Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts and New York, including 81 full-service supermarket branches. In addition, it operates 39 investment and brokerage offices, 16 commercial banking offices, 10 PCLC offices, and approximately 400 ATMs. Its distribution network also includes online banking and investment trading, a 24-hour telephone banking service and participation in a worldwide ATM network.
The company's operations are divided into three primary business segments: Commercial Banking; Retail Banking and Small Business; and Wealth Management.
The Commercial Banking segment consists principally of commercial lending, commercial real estate lending, indirect auto lending, and commercial deposit gathering activities. This segment also includes the equipment financing operations of PCLC, as well as cash management, correspondent banking, and municipal banking.
The Retail Banking and Small Business segment includes, as its principal business lines, consumer and small business deposit gathering activities, consumer lending (including residential mortgage and home equity), small business lending and merchant services.
The Wealth Management segment consists of trust services, corporate trust, brokerage, financial advisory services, investment management services, and life insurance provided by Peoples Securities, other insurance services provided through R.C. Knox and Chittenden Insurance Group, and private banking.
The company's lending activities consist of originating loans secured by residential and commercial properties, and extending secured and unsecured loans to consumer and commercial customers.
The company's commercial banking lending businesses include commercial real estate, commercial and industrial lending, and equipment financing provided by PCLC. Shared national credits are included in the commercial real estate and commercial and industrial lending portfolios.
Commercial Real Estate: The company manages the commercial real estate portfolio by limiting the concentration in any loan type, term, industry, or to any individual borrower.
Commercial and Industrial Lending: The company provides diversified products and services to its commercial customers, including short-term working capital credit facilities, term financing, asset-based loans, letters of credit, cash management services, and commercial deposit accounts.
Shared National Credits: As of December 31, 2009, the shared national credits loan portfolio consisted only of loans purchased from other financial institutions.
PCLC: PCLC provides equipment financing for customers in 47 states, specializing in financing for the printing, transportation/utility, general manufacturing, retail sales and packaging industries.
Residential Mortgage Lending
The company offers its customers a range of residential mortgage loan products. These include conventional fixed rate loans, jumbo fixed rate loans (loans with principal balances greater than established Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae limits), adjustable rate loans, sometimes referred to as ARM loans, interest-only loans (loans where payments made by the borrower consist of only interest for a set period of time, before the payments change to principal and interest), as well as Federal Housing Authority insured loans and various state housing finance authority loans.
The company offers home equity credit lines and second mortgage loans, and other forms of installment and revolving credit loans.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included U.S. treasury, agency and GSE; U.S. agency and GSE mortgage-backed securities; state and municipal securities, and equity securities.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys deposit offerings included non-interest-bearing deposits; savings, interest-bearing checking and money market deposits; and time deposits.
Peoples United Financial, Inc. was founded in 1842.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. People's United Financial Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of People's United Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of People's United Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. People's United Financial Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. People's United Financial Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PEOPLE'S UNITED FINANCIAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
People's United Financial Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
People's United Financial Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
People's United Financial Inc. Major Shareholders
People's United Financial Inc. History
People's United Financial Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
People's United Financial Inc. Offices and Representations
People's United Financial Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
People's United Financial Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
People's United Financial Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
People's United Financial Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
People's United Financial Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
People's United Financial Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
People's United Financial Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
People's United Financial Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
People's United Financial Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
People's United Financial Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
People's United Financial Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
People's United Financial Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?