- The report contains detailed information about Paulson Capital Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Paulson Capital Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Paulson Capital Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Paulson Capital Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Paulson Capital Corp. business.
About Paulson Capital Corp.
Paulson Capital Corp., through its subsidiary, Paulson Investment Company, Inc., operates as a brokerage company principally in the United States.
The company is a full service brokerage firm engaged in four primary categories, including securities brokerage activities; corporate finance activities consisting principally of underwriting discounts and underwriter warrants; securities trading; and investment activities. In addition, Paulson Capital Properties, LLC, a 100% owned subsidiary, was established for the purpose of purchasing, improving and remarketing underappreciated real estate.
Pursuant to and agreement with RBC Correspondent Services, a division of RBC Capital Markets Corporation (RBC CS), RBC CS carries all of the companys customer securities accounts and performs various services, including preparation and mailing of monthly statements to customers; settlement of contracts and transactions in securities between the company and other broker-dealers and between the company and its customers; custody and safe-keeping of securities and cash, the handling of margin accounts, dividends, exchanges, rights offerings and tender offers; and the execution of customer orders placed on an exchange.
The company, as a securities broker, acts as agent for customers in the purchase and sale of common and preferred stocks, options, warrants and debt securities traded on securities exchanges or in the over-the-counter (OTC) market. It also enters into dealer agreements with mutual fund management companies and publicly registered limited partnerships.
The companys major portion of corporate finance business consists of acting as managing underwriter of initial and follow-on public offerings for micro-cap and small-cap companies. It also acts as a placement agent for private investments in a public equity (PIPEs) and private placements for smaller companies. The company underwrites the public offerings on a firm commitment basis, which means that it agrees to purchase a specific amount of securities from the issuer at a discount and resells the securities to the public at a specified price after the registration statement for the offering is declared by the Securities and Exchange Commission. As part of its compensation for the underwriting activities, the company also typically receives warrants exercisable to purchase securities similar to those that it offers and sells to the public.
The company holds securities for investment, which are maintained in investment accounts that are segregated from the trading accounts. Its investment portfolio principally consists of securities purchased for investment and underwriter warrants.
Trading and Market Making
In addition to executing trades as an agent, the company acts as a principal in executing trades in equity securities, corporate debt securities, and municipal bonds. As of December 31, 2009, the company made a market in 40 securities of 30 issuers. Of these, 15 were corporations for which the company had acted as managing or co-managing underwriter of public financings.
Paulson Capital Corp. was founded in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Paulson Capital Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Paulson Capital Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Paulson Capital Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Paulson Capital Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Paulson Capital Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PAULSON CAPITAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Paulson Capital Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Paulson Capital Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Paulson Capital Corp. Major Shareholders
Paulson Capital Corp. History
Paulson Capital Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Paulson Capital Corp. Offices and Representations
Paulson Capital Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Paulson Capital Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Paulson Capital Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Paulson Capital Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Paulson Capital Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Paulson Capital Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Paulson Capital Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Paulson Capital Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Paulson Capital Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Paulson Capital Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Paulson Capital Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Paulson Capital Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?