- The report contains detailed information about Pargesa Holding SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pargesa Holding SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pargesa Holding SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pargesa Holding SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pargesa Holding SA business.
About Pargesa Holding SA
Pargesa Holding SA operates as a holding company. It buys, sells, directs and manages investments in the financial, commercial, and industrial sectors, both in Switzerland and in other countries.
Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (GBL)
GBL directly owns the Pargesa Groups holdings in Total, Suez and Bertelsmann. GBL also holds a stake in Imerys, which is thus controlled jointly by Pargesa and GBL. GBLs portfolio comprises four participations, namely Bertelsmann, Total, Suez and Imerys.
Imerys: Imerys operates as a mineral processing company. Imerys operates in four business groups: Specialty Minerals, Pigments for Paper, Building Materials, and Refractories & Abrasives. Imerys mines and processes minerals from reserves with rare qualities in order to develop solutions that improve its customers product performance and manufacturing efficiency. The companys product applications include construction, personal care products, paper, paint, plastics, ceramics, and telecommunications.
Bertelsmann: Bertelsmann operates as a media and entertainment group. Its core business is the creation of media content. Bertelsmann produces, serves and markets media. Its content is contributed by RTL Group; Random House; Gruner + Jahr; and BMG, the umbrella of Sony BMG Music Entertainment and BMG Music Publishing. Arvarto provides media services, while Direct Group engages in media distribution through clubs and on the Internet.
Total: Total operates as an integrated oil and gas group with substantial chemical activities worldwide. With operations in approximately 100 countries, the groups activities span all aspects of the energy industry from upstream oil and gas exploration, development and production to downstream refining and marketing of refined products, as well as international trading in both crude and refined products.
Suez: Suez, an international industrial and services group, designs sustainable and improved solutions for the management of public utilities, as a partner of public authorities, businesses and individuals. The company aims to answer essential needs in electricity, gas, energy services, water, and waste management. The Energy business unit of Suez spreads across the entire value chain: sale and trading of electricity and natural gas; generation of electricity and heat, an activity for which the group supplies energy services in Europe; construction, management and maintenance of transport and distribution networks for electricity and natural gas; liquefaction, transport and regasification of liquefied natural gas (LNG); local management of energies and fluids; design, construction and maintenance of installations. The Environment business unit supplies sustainable solutions to industrial and individual customers around the world in order to satisfy the expanding needs of local authorities and businesses for essential environmental services, water, sanitation and waste management.
Orior Holdings SA: The Orior Group, owned 100% by Pargesa, is active in the food industry through its subsidiary Orior Food SA, of which it holds 95.7% of the capital, with the balance held by management as part of its incentive plans. The Prepared Meat Division operates in the Swiss market for salami, mortadella and cooked ham, and holds a substantial share of the market for other cured meat products. Its major brands are Rapelli, Ticinella, San Pietro, and El Campeon. The Fresh Products Division operates a food group, which is the Swiss market pates, delicatessen items and ready-made meals through the Le Patron and Traiteur Seiler brands, as well as the fresh pasta group Pastinella, which enjoys a very major market share in Switzerland through the Traiteur Seiler and Trinca brands and the production of Buitoni Fresco pasta for Switzerland. The Poultry and Vegetarian Division operates in the Swiss market for chicken-based and vegetarian products, a product-line that is developing rapidly.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PARGESA HOLDING SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PARGESA HOLDING SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PARGESA HOLDING SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PARGESA HOLDING SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PARGESA HOLDING SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pargesa Holding SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pargesa Holding SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pargesa Holding SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pargesa Holding SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pargesa Holding SA Industry Position Analysis
6. PARGESA HOLDING SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PARGESA HOLDING SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PARGESA HOLDING SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWITZERLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PARGESA HOLDING SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PARGESA HOLDING SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PARGESA HOLDING SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pargesa Holding SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pargesa Holding SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pargesa Holding SA Major Shareholders
Pargesa Holding SA History
Pargesa Holding SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pargesa Holding SA Offices and Representations
Pargesa Holding SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pargesa Holding SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pargesa Holding SA Capital Market Snapshot
Pargesa Holding SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Pargesa Holding SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pargesa Holding SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pargesa Holding SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pargesa Holding SA 1-year Stock Charts
Pargesa Holding SA 5-year Stock Charts
Pargesa Holding SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pargesa Holding SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pargesa Holding SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?