- The report contains detailed information about Oritani Financial Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Oritani Financial Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Oritani Financial Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Oritani Financial Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Oritani Financial Corp. business.
About Oritani Financial Corp.
Oritani Financial Corp. operates as the holding company for Oritani Bank that provides banking services to individual and business customers in New Jersey. The bank operates as a subsidiary of Oritani Financial Corp., MHC.
The market area of the bank includes the Township of Washington, New Jersey and it operates 21 full service branches. It operates branches in three separate counties of New Jersey, including Bergen (15 branches, including main office), Hudson (five branches), and Passaic (one branch).
As of June 30, 2009, the banks loan portfolio included first mortgage loans, including conventional one- to four-family, multifamily, and commercial real; second mortgage and equity loans; construction and land loans; and other loans.
Conventional One- to Four-Family Residential Loans: The bank originates one- to four-family residential mortgage loans all of which are secured by properties located in its market area. It also offers adjustable rate mortgage loans for one- to four-family properties. The bank offers first-time homebuyer loan program, which provides one- to four-family residential mortgage loans to qualified individuals.
Multi-Family and Commercial Real Estate Loans: The bank originates non-residential commercial real estate mortgage loans and loans on multi-family dwellings. Its commercial real estate mortgage loans are primarily permanent loans secured by improved property, such as mixed-use properties, office buildings, retail stores, and commercial warehouses. Its multi-family mortgage loans are primarily permanent loans secured by apartment buildings.
Second Mortgage and Equity Loans: The bank also offers second mortgage and equity loans and home equity of lines of credit, which are secured by one- to four-family residences.
Construction Loans: The bank originates construction loans for the development of one- to four-family residential properties located. Residential construction loans are generally offered to experienced local developers operating in its primary market area and to individuals for the construction of their personal residences. It also makes construction loans for commercial development projects, including multi-family, apartment, retail, and office buildings.
Other Loans: Other loans include business loans and account loans.
The banks various deposits products include demand accounts, NOW accounts, money market deposit accounts, savings accounts, retirement accounts, and time deposits.
As of June 30, 2009, the banks investment portfolio included the United States government and federal agency obligations; corporate bonds; mutual funds; equity securities; and mortgage-backed securities.
Oritani Financial Corp. is the owner of Oritani Bank, Hampshire Financial LLC, and Oritani LLC. Hampshire Financial LLC and Oritani LLC are New Jersey limited liability companies that own real estate and investments in real estate.
Oritani Banks subsidiaries include Ormon LLC and Oritani Asset Corporation. Ormon LLC owns real estate investments in New Jersey, as well as investments in joint ventures. Oritani Asset Corporation is a real estate investment trust for acquiring mortgage loans and mortgage-backed securities from Oritani Bank.
Investments in Real Estate
Ormon LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oritani Bank. The various investments in real estate and joint ventures made by Ormon LLC include:
Park Lane Associates: Ormon LLC maintains a 50% undivided ownership interest in Park Lane Associates. Park Lane Associates is a 142-unit apartment complex located in Little Falls, New Jersey.
Park View Apartments: Ormon LLC maintains a 50% undivided ownership interest in Park View Apartments. Park View Apartments is a 114-unit apartment complex located in White Hall, Pennsylvania.
Winstead Village: Ormon LLC maintains a 50% undivided ownership interest in Winstead Village. Winstead Village is a 40-unit apartment complex located in Moorestown, New Jersey.
Parkway East: Ormon LLC maintains a 50% undivided ownership interest in Parkway East. Parkway East is a 43-unit apartment complex located in Caldwell, New Jersey.
Marine View Apartments: Ormon LLC maintains a 75% undivided ownership interest in Marine View Apartments. Marine View is an 85-unit apartment complex located in Perth Amboy, New Jersey.
Ormon LLC also wholly owns two properties that are held and operated for investment purposes, a 19-unit office building located in Hillsdale, New Jersey and a 54-unit mixed-use property (49 residential units and 5 store fronts) located in Palisades Park, New Jersey.
Investments in Joint Ventures
Ridge Manor Associates: Ridge Manor Associates is a 50% owned joint venture on a 44-unit apartment complex located in Park Ridge, New Jersey.
Van Buren Apartments: Van Buren Apartments is a 50% owned joint venture on a 32-unit apartment complex located in River Edge, New Jersey.
10 Landing Lane: 10 Landing Lane is a 50% owned joint venture on a 143-unit apartment complex located in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
FAO Hasbrouck Heights: FAO Hasbrouck Heights is a 50% owned joint venture on 93 mixed-use units (primarily residential) in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey.
FAO Terrace Associates: FAO Terrace Associates is a 50% owned joint venture on a 34-unit apartment complex located in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey.
FAO Gardens Associates: FAO Garden Associates is a 50% owned joint venture on a 34-unit apartment complex located in Hackensack, New Jersey.
Hampshire Realty: Hampshire Realty is a 50% owned joint venture on an 81-unit apartment complex located in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Oritani Financial Corp. was founded in 1911.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Oritani Financial Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Oritani Financial Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Oritani Financial Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Oritani Financial Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Oritani Financial Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORITANI FINANCIAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Oritani Financial Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Oritani Financial Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Oritani Financial Corp. Major Shareholders
Oritani Financial Corp. History
Oritani Financial Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Oritani Financial Corp. Offices and Representations
Oritani Financial Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Oritani Financial Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Oritani Financial Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Oritani Financial Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Oritani Financial Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Oritani Financial Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Oritani Financial Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Oritani Financial Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Oritani Financial Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Oritani Financial Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Oritani Financial Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Oritani Financial Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?