- The report contains detailed information about Oriental Financial Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Oriental Financial Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Oriental Financial Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Oriental Financial Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Oriental Financial Group Inc. business.
About Oriental Financial Group Inc.
Oriental Financial Group Inc., a financial holding company, provides a range of financial services to mid and high net worth individuals, and families, including professionals and owners of small and mid-sized businesses primarily in Puerto Rico.
The company provides financial services to its clients through a range of banking and financial solutions, including mortgage, commercial, and consumer lending; checking and savings accounts; financial planning, insurance, wealth management, and investment brokerage; and corporate and individual trust and retirement services.
The company operates through three business segments: Banking, Financial Services, and Treasury.
Oriental Bank and Trust (the bank), the companys main subsidiary, is a full-service Puerto Rico commercial bank with its main office located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The bank has 21 branches throughout Puerto Rico. The bank offers banking services, such as commercial and consumer lending, saving and time deposit products, financial planning, and corporate and individual trust services, and capitalizes on its commercial banking network to provide mortgage lending products to its clients.
Banking activities include the banks branches and mortgage banking activities with traditional retail banking products, such as deposits and mortgage, commercial, and consumer loans. The banks lending activities are primarily with consumers located in Puerto Rico. The banks loan transactions include various industries and activities, all of which are encompassed within three main categories: mortgage, commercial, and consumer.
The companys mortgage banking activities are conducted through a division of the bank. The mortgage banking activities primarily consist of the origination and purchase of residential mortgage loans for its own portfolio. The company originates Federal Housing Administration (FHA)-insured, Veterans Administration (VA)-guaranteed mortgages, and Rural Housing Service (RHS)-guaranteed loans that are primarily securitized for issuance of Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA) mortgage-backed securities which can be resold to individual or institutional investors in the secondary market. It is an approved seller of Federal National Mortgage Association (the FNMA), as well as the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (the FHLMC) programs, mortgage loans for issuance of FNMA and FHLMC mortgage-backed securities. It is also an approved issuer of GNMA mortgage-backed securities.
Through its branch system, the bank offers personal non-interest and interest-bearing checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts (IRAs), and commercial non-interest bearing checking accounts.
Financial Services Activities
Financial services activities are generated by such businesses as securities brokerage, wealth management, trust services, retirement planning, insurance, and pension administration.
Oriental Financial Services Corp. (OFSC) is a Puerto Rico corporation and the companys subsidiary engaged in securities brokerage and investment banking activities. OFSC is a registered securities broker-dealer. It clears securities transactions through National Financial Services, LLC, a clearing agent which carries the accounts of OFSCs customers on a fully disclosed basis. OFSC offers securities brokerage services covering various investment alternatives, such as tax-advantaged fixed income securities, mutual funds, stocks, and bonds to retail and institutional clients. It also offers separately managed accounts and mutual fund asset allocation programs sponsored by unaffiliated professional asset managers. These services are designed to meet each clients specific needs and preferences, including transaction-based pricing and asset-based fee pricing.
OFSC also manages and participates in public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities in Puerto Rico and engages in municipal securities business with the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and its instrumentalities, municipalities, and public corporations. It provides merger-and-acquisition and financial restructuring advisory services.
Oriental Insurance Inc. (Oriental Insurance) is a Puerto Rico corporation and the companys subsidiary engaged in insurance agency services. Oriental Insurance acts as a licensed insurance agent in connection with the issuance of insurance policies by unaffiliated insurance companies.
Caribbean Pension Consultants, Inc., a Florida corporation, is the companys subsidiary engaged in the administration of retirement plans in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
Treasury activities encompass of the companys treasury-related functions. The companys investment portfolio consists of mortgage-backed securities, obligations of U.S. Government sponsored agencies, Puerto Rico Government and agency obligations, structured credit investments, and money market instruments. Agency mortgage- backed securities consist principally of pools of residential mortgage loans that are made to consumers and then resold in the form of pass-through certificates in the secondary market, the payment of interest and principal of which is guaranteed by GNMA, FNMA or FHLMC.
Oriental Financial Group, Inc. was founded in 1964.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Oriental Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Oriental Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Oriental Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Oriental Financial Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Oriental Financial Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORIENTAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Oriental Financial Group Inc. History
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Oriental Financial Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Oriental Financial Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Oriental Financial Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Oriental Financial Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Oriental Financial Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Oriental Financial Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?