- The report contains detailed information about NYSE Euronext, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NYSE Euronext, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NYSE Euronext, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NYSE Euronext, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NYSE Euronext, Inc. business.
About NYSE Euronext, Inc.
NYSE Euronext offers products and services in cash equities, futures, options, swaps, exchange-traded products, bonds, market data, and commercial technology solutions, all designed to meet the needs of issuers, investors, financial institutions, and market participants.
The company, through its subsidiaries, operates the following securities exchanges: the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NYSE Arca, Inc. (NYSE Arca) and NYSE Amex LLC (NYSE Amex) in the United States and the five European-based exchanges that comprise Euronext N.V. (Euronext) the Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and Lisbon stock exchanges, as well as the Liffe derivatives markets in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, and Lisbon. It provides securities listing, trading, market data products, and software, and technology services.
NYSE: The New York Stock Exchange, or NYSE, is the listing venue and the liquid cash equities exchange. The NYSE is registered as a national securities exchange under the Exchange Act. In addition to common stock, the NYSE lists debt and corporate structured products such as capital securities, mandatory convertibles, repackaged securities, and has continued to attract listings of new types of structured products.
As of December 31, 2009, 1,924 operating companies were listed on the NYSE, including a cross-section of large, mid-size, and small-cap U.S. and non-U.S. companies. As of same date, 486 closed-end funds and 474 corporate structured products were listed on the NYSE.
Euronext: Euronext, an integrated cross-border exchange, combines the stock exchanges of Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon and Paris into a single market. Issuers who meet European Union (EU) regulatory standards are qualified for listing on the regulated markets operated by Euronext. Euronexts exchanges list a variety of securities, including domestic and international equity securities, convertible bonds, warrants, trackers and debt securities, including corporate and government bonds. All of Euronexts markets are operated by subsidiaries of Euronext, each of which holds a national license as an exchange operator. As of December 31, 2009, 1,472 companies were listed on Euronext, of which 1,274 were based in one of Euronexts home markets.
NYSE Liffe: NYSE Liffe is the international derivatives business of NYSE Euronext. During 2009, average daily trading volume on NYSE Liffe was 4.1 million contracts and, on an annual basis, 1.06 billion futures and options contracts were traded on NYSE Liffe.
NYSE Arca: NYSE Arca is a fully electronic exchange for equities, ETPs, including exchange traded funds (ETFs), exchange traded notes (ETNs), exchange-traded vehicles (ETVs), certificates, and options. NYSE Arca is registered as a national securities exchange under the Exchange Act. As of December 31, 2009, NYSE Arca had 738 primary ETF, 48 primary ETV, 89 ETN and 190 certificate listings, while trading all other eligible ETPs on an unlisted trading privileges basis.
NYSE Arca Europe: NYSE Arca Europe is a pan-European multilateral trading facility (MTF), operated by Euronext Amsterdam. NYSE Arca Europe offers an electronic, low latency trading platform for blue chip stocks from eleven European countries.
NYSE Alternext: NYSE Alternext operates its European markets for emerging growth companies. NYSE Alternext-listed companies are required to satisfy less stringent listing standards than companies listing on Euronext. As of December 31, 2009, 125 companies were listed on NYSE Alternext.
NYSE Amex: NYSE Amex, formerly the American Stock Exchange, became part of NYSE Euronext in 2008 and is its U.S. listing venue for emerging growth companies. NYSE Amex provides a listing venue for a broader class of companies than are qualified for listing on NYSE. As of December 31, 2009, 391 operating companies and 138 closed-end funds were listed on NYSE Amex.
NYSE Liffe US: NYSE Liffe US, LLC, the company's U.S. futures exchange, trades full and mini-sized gold and silver futures and options on futures contracts. During 2009, approximately 17,700 precious metals contracts were traded each day. In September 2009, equity index futures products based on
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NYSE Euronext, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NYSE Euronext, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NYSE Euronext, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NYSE Euronext, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NYSE Euronext, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NYSE EURONEXT, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Major Shareholders
NYSE Euronext, Inc. History
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Offices and Representations
NYSE Euronext, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NYSE Euronext, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NYSE Euronext, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NYSE Euronext, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NYSE Euronext, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NYSE Euronext, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?