- The report contains detailed information about New York Community Bancorp Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for New York Community Bancorp Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The New York Community Bancorp Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes New York Community Bancorp Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of New York Community Bancorp Inc. business.
About New York Community Bancorp Inc.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for New York Community Bank and New York Commercial Bank, which offer banking products and services in the New York metropolitan region. As of December 31, 2009, it operated 241 community bank branches, 35 commercial bank branches, and 289 ATM locations. It also offers banking online and by phone.
In New York, the company serves its customers through Roslyn Savings Bank, with 56 locations on Long Island, a suburban market east of New York City comprised of Nassau and Suffolk counties; Queens County Savings Bank, with 33 locations in the New York City borough of Queens; Richmond County Savings Bank, with 22 locations in the borough of Staten Island; and Roosevelt Savings Bank, with 8 branches in the borough of Brooklyn.
In the Bronx and neighboring Westchester County, the company has four branches that operate directly under the name New York Community Bank. In New Jersey, it serves its Community Bank customers through 52 locations that operate under the name Garden State Community Bank. In Florida and Arizona, where it has 25 and 12 branches, respectively, the company serves its customers through the new AmTrust Bank division of the Community Bank. In Ohio, the company serves its customers through 29 branches of its new Ohio Savings Bank division.
The company also serves its customers through three connected Web sites: www.myNYCB.com, www.NewYorkCommercialBank.com, and www.NYCBfamily.com.
Multi-family Loans: The company offers multi-family loans in New York City with an emphasis on non-luxury apartment buildings that feature below-market rents. These loans are generally made to long-term property owners with a history of growing cash flows over time.
Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Loans: The company originates commercial real estate loans, primarily in Metro New York and New Jersey.
Acquisition, Development, and Construction (ADC) Loans: The companys ADC loan portfolio consists of loans that were originated for land acquisition, development, and construction of multi-family and residential tract projects in New York City and Long Island; and for the construction of owner-occupied one- to four-family homes and commercial properties.
Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Loans: The company offers a range of loans to small and mid-size businesses for working capital (including inventory and receivables), business expansion, and the purchase of equipment and machinery.
One- to Four-Family Loans: The company also originates one- to four-family loans for sale.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included mortgage-related securities and other securities, such as U.S. treasury obligations; GSE debentures; corporate bonds; state, county, and municipal; capital trust notes; preferred stock; and common stock.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys deposit offerings included NOW and money market accounts; savings accounts; certificates of deposit; and non-interest-bearing accounts.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1859.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. New York Community Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of New York Community Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of New York Community Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. New York Community Bancorp Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. New York Community Bancorp Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCORP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Major Shareholders
New York Community Bancorp Inc. History
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Offices and Representations
New York Community Bancorp Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
New York Community Bancorp Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
New York Community Bancorp Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
New York Community Bancorp Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
New York Community Bancorp Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
New York Community Bancorp Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?