- The report contains detailed information about New Alliance Bancshares Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for New Alliance Bancshares Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The New Alliance Bancshares Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes New Alliance Bancshares Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of New Alliance Bancshares Inc. business.
About New Alliance Bancshares Inc.
NewAlliance Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for NewAlliance Bank. The company provides commercial banking, retail banking, consumer financing, trust, and investment services in Connecticut and western Massachusetts. As of December 31, 2009, it operated 87 banking offices and 104 ATMs.
The company originates commercial loans, commercial real estate loans, residential and commercial construction loans, residential real estate loans collateralized by one- to four-family residences, home equity lines of credit and fixed rate loans, and other consumer loans predominantly in the states of Connecticut and Massachusetts. The company also has a portfolio of purchased mortgage loans, with property locations throughout the United States.
Residential Real Estate Loans
A principal lending activity of the company originates loans secured by first mortgages on one- to four-family residences in the states of Connecticut and Massachusetts. The company originates residential real estate loans primarily through commissioned mortgage representatives across its branch footprint. The company originates both fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgages and purchases both adjustable rate and 10 and 15 year fixed rate mortgages. It services loans that it sells to Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation or Federal National Mortgage Association and others.
Commercial Real Estate Loans
The company makes commercial real estate loans throughout its market area for the purpose of acquiring, developing, constructing, improving or refinancing commercial real estate where the property is the primary collateral securing the loan. Retail facilities, office buildings, light industrial, warehouse, multi-family income properties, and medical facilities normally collateralize commercial real estate loans. These properties are located primarily in Connecticut and Massachusetts.
The company originates both residential and commercial construction loans. Loans are made to owner-borrowers who would occupy the properties (residential construction) and to licensed and experienced developers for the construction of single-family home developments (commercial construction). Residential construction loans to owner-borrowers convert to an amortizing long-term mortgage loan upon completion of construction. Commercial construction loans have terms of six months to two years.
Commercial loans are collateralized by equipment, leases, inventory and/or accounts receivable. Majority of the companys commercial loans are also collateralized by real estate, but are not classified as commercial real estate loans because such loans are not made for the purpose of acquiring, refinancing or constructing the real estate securing the loan. Commercial loans provide primarily working capital, equipment financing, financing for leasehold improvements and financing for expansion. The company offers both term and revolving commercial loans.
In 2009, NewAlliance launched a new division, NewAlliance Commercial Finance, the formation of an asset-based lending business. As of December 31, 2009, the companys commercial loan portfolio included the following business sectors: manufacturing, professional services, wholesale trade, retail trade, transportation, educational and health services, contractors, and real estate rental and leasing.
The company originates various types of consumer loans, including auto, mobile home, boat, educational, and personal installment loans. Consumer loan portfolio is comprised of home equity loans and lines of credit secured by one- to four-family owner-occupied properties. These loans are secured by second mortgages.
The company provides a range of fiduciary and trust services and general investment management services to individuals, families, and institutions. As of December 31, 2009, Trust Services managed approximately 1,300 account relationships.
Brokerage, Investment Advisory and Insurance Services
The company provides brokerage and insurance services through its wholly owned subsidiary, NewAlliance Investments, Inc., Member FINRA Financial Industry Regulatory Authority /SIPC Securities Investor Protection Corporation.
The companys investment portfolio includes the U.S. Government and Agency securities, mortgage-backed securities, collateralized mortgage obligations, asset backed securities, corporate debt, municipal bonds, and corporate equities.
The company offers various deposit accounts with a range of interest rates and other terms, which are designed to meet customer financial needs. Retail and commercial deposits are received through the companys banking offices. Additional deposit services provided to customers are ATM, telephone, Internet Banking, Internet Bill Pay, remote deposit capture, and cash management.
The company has banking offices located throughout New Haven, Middlesex, Hartford, Tolland, Windham and Fairfield Counties in Connecticut and Hampden and Worcester Counties in Massachusetts. The companys primary lending area includes the State of Connecticut and Central, and Western Massachusetts.
NewAlliance Bancshares, Inc. was founded in 1838.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of New Alliance Bancshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of New Alliance Bancshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEW ALLIANCE BANCSHARES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Major Shareholders
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. History
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Offices and Representations
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
New Alliance Bancshares Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?