- The report contains detailed information about Nelnet Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nelnet Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nelnet Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nelnet Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nelnet Inc. business.
About Nelnet Inc.
Nelnet, Inc., a transaction processing and finance company, focuses on providing education related products and services to students, families, schools, and financial institutions nationwide.
Product and Service Offerings
The company offers a range of pre-college, in-college, and post-college products and services that help students and families plan and pay for their education and plan their careers.
The company has five operating segments: Student Loan and Guaranty Servicing; Tuition Payment Processing and Campus Commerce; Enrollment Services; Software and Technical Services; and Asset Generation and Management.
Student Loan and Guaranty Servicing
The Student Loan and Guaranty Servicing operating segment provides for the servicing of the companys student loan portfolio and the portfolios of third parties and servicing provided to guaranty agencies. The loan servicing activities include loan origination activities, loan conversion activities, application processing, borrower updates, payment processing, due diligence procedures, and claim processing. The guaranty servicing activities include providing software and data center services, borrower and loan updates, default aversion tracking services, claim processing services, and post-default collection services to guaranty agencies. The companys student loan servicing division uses proprietary systems to manage the servicing process. The four primary product offerings of this operating segment include origination and servicing of commercial the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans; origination and servicing of non-federally insured student loans; servicing of loans for the Department of Education; and servicing and support outsourcing for guaranty agencies.
The company performs the origination and servicing activities for FFEL Program loans for itself, as well as third-party clients. It serviced FFELP loans on behalf of approximately 80 third-party servicing customers as of December 31, 2009. The companys FFELP servicing customers include national and regional banks, credit unions, and various state and non-profit secondary markets. The company also provides origination and servicing activities for non-federally insured loans. It serviced non-federally insured loans on behalf of approximately 15 third-party servicing customers as of December 31, 2009.
The company also provides servicing support for guaranty agencies, which are the organizations that serve as the intermediary between the U.S. federal government and FFELP lenders, and are responsible for paying the claims made on defaulted loans. The services provided by the company include operational, administrative, financial, and technology services to guarantors participating in the FFEL Program and state agencies that run financial aid grant and scholarship programs.
The companys four guaranty servicing customers include Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation, College Assist (which is the Colorado state-designated guarantor of FFELP student loans), National Student Loan Program, and the Higher Education Assistance Commission of New York.
Tuition Payment Processing and Campus Commerce
The Tuition Payment Processing and Campus Commerce operating segment provides products and services to help institutions and education-seeking families manage the payment of education costs during the pre-college and college stages of the education life cycle.
In the K-12 market, the company offers tuition management services, as well as assistance with financial needs assessment, enrollment management, and donor management. It has actively managed tuition payment plans in place at approximately 4,500 K-12 educational institutions. Tuition management services include payment plan administration, ancillary billing, accounts receivable management, and record keeping. K-12 educational institutions contract with the company to administer deferred payment plans where the institution allows the responsible party to make monthly payments over 6 to 12 months.
The company offers two principal products to the higher education market: actively managed tuition payment plans and campu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NELNET INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NELNET INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NELNET INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NELNET INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NELNET INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nelnet Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nelnet Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nelnet Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nelnet Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nelnet Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NELNET INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NELNET INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NELNET INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NELNET INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NELNET INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NELNET INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nelnet Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nelnet Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nelnet Inc. Major Shareholders
Nelnet Inc. History
Nelnet Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nelnet Inc. Offices and Representations
Nelnet Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nelnet Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nelnet Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nelnet Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Nelnet Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nelnet Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nelnet Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nelnet Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nelnet Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nelnet Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nelnet Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nelnet Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?