- The report contains detailed information about M&T Bank Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for M&T Bank Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The M&T Bank Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes M&T Bank Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of M&T Bank Corp. business.
About M&T Bank Corp.
M&T Bank Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides commercial and retail banking services to individuals, corporations and other businesses, and institutions. Its principal subsidiaries include M&T Bank, and M&T Bank, National Association.
The company conducts its operations through the following business segments: Business Banking; Commercial Banking; Commercial Real Estate; Discretionary Portfolio; Residential Mortgage Banking; and Retail Banking.
The Business Banking segment provides a range of services to small businesses and professionals through its branch network, business banking centers and other delivery channels, such as telephone banking, Internet banking and automated teller machines within markets served by the company. Services and products offered by this segment include various business loans and leases, including loans guaranteed by the small business administration, business credit cards, deposit products, and financial services such as cash management, payroll and direct deposit, merchant credit card, and letters of credit.
The Commercial Banking segment provides a range of credit products and banking services for middle-market and large commercial customers, mainly within the markets served by the company. Services provided by this segment include commercial lending and leasing, letters of credit, deposit products, and cash management services.
The Commercial Real Estate segment provides credit and deposit services to its customers. Real estate securing loans in this segment is generally located in the New York City metropolitan area, upstate New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and the northwestern portion of the United States. Commercial real estate loans may be secured by apartment/multifamily buildings; office, retail and industrial space; or other types of collateral. Activities of this segment also include the origination, sales, and servicing of commercial real estate loans through the Fannie Mae DUS program and other programs.
The Discretionary Portfolio segment includes investment and trading securities, residential mortgage loans and other assets; short-term and long-term borrowed funds; brokered certificates of deposit and interest rate swap agreements related thereto; and offshore branch deposits. This segment also provides foreign exchange services to customers.
The Residential Mortgage Banking segment originates and services residential mortgage loans and sells those loans in the secondary market to investors or to the Discretionary Portfolio segment. This segment also originated loans to developers of residential real estate properties, although that activity has been significantly curtailed. In addition to the geographic regions served by or contiguous with the companys branch network, the company maintains mortgage loan origination offices in various states throughout the western United States. The company also purchases the rights to service mortgage loans.
The Retail Banking segment offers various services to consumers through various delivery channels which include branch offices, automated teller machines, telephone banking, and Internet banking. It has branch offices in New York State, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia, West Virginia, Delaware, and New Jersey. The Retail Banking segment also offers certain deposit products on a nationwide basis through the delivery channels of M&T Bank, N.A. Credit services offered by this segment include consumer installment loans, automobile loans (originated both directly and indirectly through dealers), and home equity loans and lines of credit. The segment also offers to its customers deposit products, including demand, savings and time accounts; investment products, including mutual funds and annuities; and other services.
M&T Bank, as of December 31, 2009, had 793 banking offices located throughout New York State, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia, plus a branch in George Town, Cayman Islands. As a commercial bank, M&T Bank offers a ran
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. M&T BANK CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. M&T BANK CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. M&T BANK CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. M&T BANK CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. M&T BANK CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. M&T Bank Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of M&T Bank Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of M&T Bank Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. M&T Bank Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. M&T Bank Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. M&T BANK CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. M&T BANK CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. M&T BANK CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. M&T BANK CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. M&T BANK CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. M&T BANK CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
M&T Bank Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
M&T Bank Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
M&T Bank Corp. Major Shareholders
M&T Bank Corp. History
M&T Bank Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
M&T Bank Corp. Offices and Representations
M&T Bank Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
M&T Bank Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
M&T Bank Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
M&T Bank Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
M&T Bank Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
M&T Bank Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
M&T Bank Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
M&T Bank Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
M&T Bank Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
M&T Bank Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
M&T Bank Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
M&T Bank Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?