- The report contains detailed information about MSCI Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MSCI Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MSCI Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MSCI Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MSCI Inc. business.
About MSCI Inc.
MSCI Inc is a provider of investment decision support tools, including indices and portfolio risk and performance analytics for use by institutions in managing equity, fixed income and multi-asset class portfolios. The companys main products are its global equity indices marketed under the MSCI brand and its equity portfolio analytics marketed under the Barra brand.
The companys clients include asset owners, such as pension funds, endowments, foundations, central banks and insurance companies; institutional and retail asset managers, such as managers of pension assets, mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), hedge funds and private wealth; and financial intermediaries such as broker-dealers, exchanges, custodians, and investment consultants. As of November 30, 2009, the company had approximately 3,100 clients across 67 countries. The company had 21 offices in 15 countries to help serve its client base.
Products and Services
The companys primary products consist of equity indices, equity portfolio analytics and multi-asset class portfolio analytics. The company also has product offerings in the areas of energy and commodity asset valuation analytics and fixed income portfolio analytics. The companys products are comprised of proprietary index data or proprietary risk data and/or software applications.
The companys software applications offer its clients portfolio analytics to perform in-depth analysis of their portfolios, using its risk data, the clients portfolio data and fundamental and market data. The companys products are marketed under three brands. The companys index products are branded MSCI. The companys portfolio analytics products are typically branded Barra. The companys energy and commodity asset valuation analytics products are typically branded FEA.
Equity Index Products
The companys MSCI-branded equity index products are designed to measure returns available to investors across a variety of markets, sizes, styles, and industries. As of November 30, 2009, the company calculated approximately 120,000 equity indices daily.
Approximately 2,400 clients worldwide subscribed to its equity index products for use in their investment portfolios and for market performance measurement and analysis, as of November 30, 2009. In addition to delivering its products directly to its clients, as of November 30, 2009, the company also had approximately 65 third-party financial information and analytics software providers who distribute its various equity index products worldwide. The companys primary equity index products are:
MSCI Global Equity Indices
The MSCI Global Equity Indices are its index products. They are designed to measure returns available to international investors across various public equity markets. As of November 30, 2009, its Global Equity Indices included 75 developed, emerging and frontier market countries, as well as various regional and composite indices built from the component country indices, including the MSCI EAFE (Europe, Australasia, and Far East), MSCI World, MSCI ACWI IMI (All Country World Investable Market Index), and MSCI Emerging Markets Indices. In addition, the Global Equity Indices include industry indices, value and growth style indices and large-, mid- and small-capitalization size segment indices.
MSCI Domestic Equity Indices
The MSCI Domestic Equity Indices are designed to measure the returns available to domestic investors in the U.S. and China public equity markets. Each of these domestic country index series includes value and growth style indices, and in the case of the U.S. large-, mid-, small- and micro-capitalization size segment indices.
Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS)
The Global Industry Classification Standard was developed and is maintained jointly by the company and Standard & Poors. The company designed this classification system to respond to its clients needs for a framework for classifying companies into industries. The companys equity index products classify constituent securities according to the GICS.
The company also offers GICS Direct, a joint product of MSCI and Standard & Poors.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MSCI INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MSCI INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MSCI INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MSCI INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MSCI INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MSCI Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MSCI Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MSCI Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MSCI Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MSCI Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MSCI INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MSCI INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MSCI INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MSCI INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MSCI INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MSCI INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MSCI Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MSCI Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MSCI Inc. Major Shareholders
MSCI Inc. History
MSCI Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MSCI Inc. Offices and Representations
MSCI Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MSCI Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MSCI Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MSCI Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
MSCI Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MSCI Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MSCI Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MSCI Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MSCI Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MSCI Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MSCI Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MSCI Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?