- The report contains detailed information about Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. business.
About Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides a range of financial services to retail and corporate customers in Japan and internationally. The company provides commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, leasing and other fields of financial services.
The companys subsidiaries include The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. (BTMU), Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (MUTB), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Co., Ltd. (MUS), and Mitsubishi UFJ NICOS Co., Ltd.
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.: BTMU is a commercial banking organization in Japan that provides a range of domestic and international banking services from its offices in Japan and Worldwide.
Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation: MUTB is a major trust bank in Japan, providing trust and banking services to meet the financing and investment needs of clients in Japan and the rest of Asia, as well as in the United States and Europe.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Co., Ltd.: MUS functions as the core of the companys securities and investment banking business, including underwriting and brokerage of securities, mergers and acquisitions, derivatives, corporate advisory and securitization operations. It also serves individual customers with BTMU and MUTB through MUFG Plazas. In the securities business, MUS offers its customers a range of investment products.
The equity sales staff members provide services to clients ranging from individual investors to institutional investors in Japan and abroad. Through derivative products, MUS provides solutions to meet customers risk management needs. MUS also offers structured bonds utilizing various types of derivatives in response to customers investment needs. In the investment trust business, MUS provides its retail and corporate customers various products. MUS also offers investment banking services in such areas as bond underwriting, equity underwriting, initial public offerings, support for IR activities, securitization of assets and mergers and acquisitions. MUS has major overseas subsidiaries in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, and Geneva.
Mitsubishi UFJ NICOS Co., Ltd.: Mitsubishi UFJ NICOS is a major credit card company in Japan that issues credit cards, including those issued under the MUFG, NICOS, UFJ and DC brands, and provides a range of credit card and other related services for its card members in Japan.
Integrated Retail Banking Business Group
The Integrated Retail Banking Business Group covers domestic retail businesses, including commercial banking, trust banking and securities businesses, and enables the company to offer a range of banking products and services, including financial consulting services, to retail customers in Japan. This business group integrates the retail business of BTMU, MUTB and MUS, as well as retail product development, promotion and marketing in a single management structure. Majority of the companys retail services are offered through its network of MUFG Plazas providing individual customers with access to its financial product lineup of integrated commercial bank, trust bank and securities services.
Deposits and retail asset management services: The company offers a range of bank deposit products. It has also introduced a new non-interest-bearing deposit account that is redeemable on demand and intended primarily for payment and settlement functions, and is an insured without a maximum amount limitation. It also offers various asset management and asset administration services to individuals, including savings instruments, such as current accounts, ordinary deposits, time deposits, deposits at notice and other deposit facilities. It also offers trust products, such as loan trusts and money trusts, and other investment products, such as investment trusts, performance-based money trusts and foreign currency deposits.
The company also provides a range of asset management and asset administration products, as well as customized trust products for individuals, as well as advisory services relating to, among other things, the purchas
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. History
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?