- The report contains detailed information about Middlefield Banc Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Middlefield Banc Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Middlefield Banc Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Middlefield Banc Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Middlefield Banc Corp. business.
About Middlefield Banc Corp.
Middlefield Banc Corp. operates as the holding company for The Middlefield Banking Company and Emerald Bank, which provide various commercial banking services to small and medium-sized businesses, professionals and small business owners, and retail customers in northeastern and central Ohio. The company also engages in the resolution and disposition of troubled assets, through EMORECO.
The company offers online banking and bill payment services to individuals and online cash management services to business customers through its Web site at www.middlefieldbank.com. The companys market area consists principally of Geauga, Portage, Trumbull, and Ashtabula Counties. Its two offices are located in Franklin County, serving the central Ohio market.
The company makes residential mortgage and commercial mortgage loans, home equity loans, secured and unsecured consumer installment loans, commercial and industrial loans, and real estate construction loans for owner-occupied and rental properties. It offers specialized loans for business and commercial customers, including equipment and inventory financing, real estate construction loans, and small business administration loans for qualified businesses.
Residential Mortgage Loans: The companys lending consists of origination of conventional loans secured by 1-4 family real estate located in Franklin, Geauga, Portage, Trumbull, and Ashtabula Counties.
Commercial and Industrial Loans and Commercial Real Estate Loans: The companys commercial loan services include accounts receivable, inventory, and working capital loans; renewable operating lines of credit; loans to finance capital equipment; term business loans; short-term notes; selected guaranteed or subsidized loan programs for small businesses; loans to professionals; and commercial real estate loans. Commercial real estate loans include commercial properties occupied by the proprietor of the business conducted on the premises and income-producing or farm properties.
Real Estate Construction: The company originates different types of loans that it categorizes as construction loans, including residential construction loans to borrowers who would occupy the premises upon completion of construction; residential construction loans to builders; commercial construction loans; and real estate acquisition and development loans.
Consumer Installment Loans: The companys consumer installment loans include secured and unsecured loans to individual borrowers for a variety of purposes, including personal, home improvement, revolving credit lines, autos, boats, and recreational vehicles.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included the U.S. government and agency securities; obligations of state and political subdivisions, mortgage-backed securities; and equity securities.
The company offers various deposit products to attract both commercial and regular consumer checking and savings customers, including regular and money market savings accounts, negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) accounts, and various fixed-maturity, fixed-rate certificates with maturities ranging from 7 days to 60 months. It also provides travelers checks, official checks, money orders, ATM services, safe deposit facilities, and IRA accounts.
Middlefield Banc Corp. was founded in 1901.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Middlefield Banc Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Middlefield Banc Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Middlefield Banc Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Middlefield Banc Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Middlefield Banc Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MIDDLEFIELD BANC CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Middlefield Banc Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Middlefield Banc Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Middlefield Banc Corp. Major Shareholders
Middlefield Banc Corp. History
Middlefield Banc Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Middlefield Banc Corp. Offices and Representations
Middlefield Banc Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Middlefield Banc Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Middlefield Banc Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Middlefield Banc Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Middlefield Banc Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Middlefield Banc Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Middlefield Banc Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Middlefield Banc Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Middlefield Banc Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Middlefield Banc Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Middlefield Banc Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Middlefield Banc Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?