- The report contains detailed information about MidCarolina Financial Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MidCarolina Financial Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MidCarolina Financial Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MidCarolina Financial Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MidCarolina Financial Corporation business.
About MidCarolina Financial Corporation
MidCarolina Financial Corporation operates as a holding company for MidCarolina Bank, which provides commercial banking services primarily in Alamance and Guilford Counties, North Carolina.
The companys main office is located in Burlington, North Carolina. It has one full-service branch in Burlington, NC, one full-service branch in Graham, North Carolina; two full-service branches in Greensboro, North Carolina; and one full-service branch in Mebane, North Carolina. It has limited service offices in the Alamance Regional Medical Center and the Village of Brookwood Retirement Center, which are located in Burlington.
The companys loan portfolio includes short- to medium-term commercial, mortgage, and construction and personal loans, both secured and unsecured, as well as real estate mortgage and construction loans. It also originates 1-4 family mortgages that are sold into the secondary market.
Commercial and Industrial Loans: Commercial and industrial loans include both secured and unsecured loans for working capital, expansion, and other business purposes. Short-term working capital loans are secured by accounts receivable, inventory, and equipment. It also makes term commercial loans secured by equipment and real estate.
Real Estate Loans: Real estate loans are originated for the purpose of purchasing, constructing, or refinancing one to four family, five or more family, and commercial properties. It offers fixed and adjustable rate options. It provides customers access to long-term conventional real estate loans through its mortgage loan department, which makes Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FHLMC) - conforming loans that are originated with a commitment from a correspondent bank to purchase the loan within 30-45 days of closing.
Residential 1- 4 family loans are classified into two categories: conforming loans, which are originated under the underwriting guidelines established by FNMA, FHLMC, or GNMA and held for sale; and nonconforming loans that are originated and retained in its loan portfolio.
The company offers commercial real estate loans, which are secured principally by commercial buildings for office, storage and warehouse space, and by agricultural properties. It originates 1- 4 family residential construction loans for the construction of custom homes (where the home buyer is the borrower) and provides financing to builders and consumers for the construction of pre-sold homes.
Consumer Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credits: Loans to individuals include automobile loans, boat and recreational vehicle financing, home equity and home improvement loans, and miscellaneous secured and unsecured personal loans.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included the U.S. government agency securities, mortgage-backed securities, private label collateralized mortgage obligations, and securities issued by local governments.
The company provides various deposit services, including non-interest-bearing checking accounts, interest-bearing checking and savings accounts, money market accounts, and certificates of deposit.
MidCarolina Financial Corporation was founded in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MidCarolina Financial Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MidCarolina Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MidCarolina Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MidCarolina Financial Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MidCarolina Financial Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MIDCAROLINA FINANCIAL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Major Shareholders
MidCarolina Financial Corporation History
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Offices and Representations
MidCarolina Financial Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MidCarolina Financial Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
MidCarolina Financial Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
MidCarolina Financial Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MidCarolina Financial Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MidCarolina Financial Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?