- The report contains detailed information about Merriman Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Merriman Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Merriman Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Merriman Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Merriman Holdings, Inc. business.
About Merriman Holdings, Inc.
Merriman Holdings, Inc., through its primary operating subsidiary, Merriman & Co., provides equity research, capital markets services, corporate and venture services, and investment banking services primarily in the United States and Canada. The company provides equity research, brokerage and trading services primarily to institutions, as well as investment banking and advisory services to corporate clients.
The companys investment bank / broker-dealer segment provides three service offerings: investment banking, brokerage, and equity research. It also provides traditional research-based financial services to companies in the underserved sector of the financial services industry.
The companys investment bankers provide a range of corporate finance and strategic advisory services.
Corporate Finance: The companys corporate finance practice advises on and structures capital raising solutions for its corporate clients through public and private offerings of primarily equity and convertible debt securities. It offers a range of financial services designed to meet the needs of fast-growing companies, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, private investments in public equity (PIPEs), and private placements. The companys equity capital markets team executes underwritten securities offerings, assists clients with investor relations advice and introduces companies seeking to raise capital to investors.
Strategic Advisory: The companys strategic advisory services include transaction-specific advice regarding mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, and privatizations, as well as general strategic advice. Its strategic advisory services are also supported by its capital markets professionals, who provide assistance in acquisition financing in connection with mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Institutional Brokerage Services
The company provides institutional sales, sales trading, and trading services to approximately 324 institutional accounts in the United States. It executes securities transactions for money managers, mutual funds, hedge funds, insurance companies, and pension and profit-sharing plans. The company provides integrated research and trading solutions centered on helping its institutional clients to invest profitably, to grow their portfolios and ultimately their businesses.
Institutional Sales: The companys sales professionals focus on communicating investment ideas to its clients and executing trades in securities of companies in its target growth sectors. By actively trading in these securities, the company attempts to couple the capital market information flow with the fundamental information flow provided by its analysts.
Sales Trading: The companys sales traders are experienced in the industry and possess knowledge of both the markets for fast-growing company securities and the institutional traders who buy and sell them.
Trading: The companys trading professionals facilitate liquidity discovery in equity securities. It makes markets in securities traded on NASDAQ, stock exchanges and electronic communications networks (ECNs), and services the trading desks of institutions in the United States. The companys trading professionals have direct access to the major stock exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange and the American Stock Exchange. As of December 31, 2009, the company was a market maker in 163 securities. The customer base of its institutional brokerage business includes mutual funds, hedge funds, and private investment firms.
Proprietary Trading: The company would take significant positions in fast-growing companies that it feels are undervalued in the marketplace.
Corporate & Executive Services: The company offers brokerage services to corporations for purposes, such as stock repurchase programs. It also serves the needs of company executives with restricted stock transactions, cashless exercise of options, and liquidity strategies.
Venture Services: The Venture Services team provides sales distribution for capital raises for private companies via the introduction to venture
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Merriman Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Merriman Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Merriman Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Merriman Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Merriman Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MERRIMAN HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
Merriman Holdings, Inc. History
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
Merriman Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Merriman Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Merriman Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Merriman Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Merriman Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Merriman Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?