- The report contains detailed information about Medallion Financial Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Medallion Financial Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Medallion Financial Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Medallion Financial Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Medallion Financial Corp. business.
About Medallion Financial Corp.
Medallion Financial Corp., a specialty finance company, engages in the origination, acquisition, and servicing of loans that finance taxicab medallions and various types of commercial businesses. The company provides loans to individuals and small to mid-size businesses.
The company conducts its business through various wholly-owned investment company subsidiaries, including Medallion Funding LLC (Medallion Funding), a small business investment company (SBIC), and a regulated investment company (RIC), its primary taxicab medallion lending company; Medallion Capital, Inc. (Medallion Capital), an SBIC and a RIC, which conducts a mezzanine financing business; and Freshstart Venture Capital Corp. (Freshstart), an SBIC and a RIC, which originates and services taxicab medallion and commercial loans.
In addition, the company conducts business through a wholly-owned portfolio company, Medallion Bank, which originates taxicab medallion, commercial, and consumer loans, raises deposits, and conducts other banking activities.
The company's medallion loan portfolio consists of fixed-rate loans, collateralized by first security interests in taxicab medallions and related assets. It originates medallion loans in New York City, Chicago, Boston, Newark, Cambridge, and other cities within the United States.
Commercial loans finance either the purchase of the equipment and related assets necessary to open a new business or the purchase or improvement of an existing business. Commercial loans are generally secured by equipment, accounts receivable, real estate, or other assets.
Asset Based Loans: Through its Medallion Business Credit division, the company originates, manages, and services asset-based loans to small businesses which require working capital credit facilities. The commercial loans are secured principally by the borrowers accounts receivable, but may also be secured by inventory, machinery, equipment, and/or real estate, and are personally guaranteed by the principals. Its clients are primarily located in the New York metropolitan area and include wholesale and retail trade, transportation and warehousing, and other industrial and services businesses.
Secured Mezzanine Loans: Through its subsidiary Medallion Capital, Inc., the company originates both senior and subordinated loans nationwide to businesses in various industries, including manufacturing and various service providers, majority of which are located in the upper Midwest and Great Lakes region, with the rest scattered across the country. These loans are primarily secured by a second position on assets of the businesses.
Other Secured Commercial Loans: The company originates other commercial loans that are not concentrated in any particular industry. Borrowers include food service, retail establishments, and other industrial and services businesses.
Consumer loans are originated by Medallion Bank, a wholly-owned, unconsolidated portfolio company. The loans are collateralized by recreational vehicles, boats, motorcycles, and trailers located in all 50 states.
As a business development company, the company also provides debt, mezzanine, and equity investment capital to companies in various industries.
Medallion Financial Corp. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Medallion Financial Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Medallion Financial Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Medallion Financial Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Medallion Financial Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Medallion Financial Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDALLION FINANCIAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Medallion Financial Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Medallion Financial Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Medallion Financial Corp. Major Shareholders
Medallion Financial Corp. History
Medallion Financial Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Medallion Financial Corp. Offices and Representations
Medallion Financial Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Medallion Financial Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Medallion Financial Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Medallion Financial Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Medallion Financial Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Medallion Financial Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Medallion Financial Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Medallion Financial Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Medallion Financial Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Medallion Financial Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Medallion Financial Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Medallion Financial Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?