- The report contains detailed information about MCAN Mortgage Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MCAN Mortgage Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MCAN Mortgage Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MCAN Mortgage Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MCAN Mortgage Corp. business.
About MCAN Mortgage Corp.
MCAP Inc. (MCAP or the Company) is a Loan Company under the Trust and Loan Companies Act (the Trust Act) and a Mortgage Investment Corporation under the Income Tax Act (Canada) (the Tax Act). The Company engages in originating, funding, and managing residential, commercial, and construction mortgage loans; purchasing, pooling, and reselling mortgages to third-party investors through mortgage warehouse facility; and packaging and securitizing mortgages for capital markets. It operates in three segments that include investing, mortgage operations, and leasing operations.
The Companys wholly owned subsidiaries include MCAP Financial Corporation (MFC), MCAP Securities Inc. and MTC Leasing Inc. (MTCL). The MFC include 50% of the results of MCAP Commercial Limited Partnership (MCLP), a joint venture operation between MFC and Cadcap Inc. (Cadcap). MFC is the general partner of MCLP. The Company has 20% interest in MCAP Service Corporation (MSC) and its subsidiary MCAP Mortgage Corporation (MMC).
Operational Business Segments
MCAP operates in three key business segments: Investing Operations, Mortgage Operations and Leasing Operations.
The Companys investing operations include asset and liability management, which utilizes the capital and leverage capabilities of MCAP Inc. These investing activities are managed by the risk management function, which oversees all risk decisions in all investing, operational and investment banking initiatives, including MCAPs financing and asset acquisition activities. MCAP can issue Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) insured deposits and invest these funds to earn spread income. The Company invests its capital and debt in cash and cash equivalents, single-family residential mortgages, variable rate residential construction mortgages, commercial term mortgages, marketable securities and other assets. The investing operations are complementary to the mortgage and leasing operations.
The Company, through its subsidiary operations, is able to originate, fund and aggregate mortgages and leases for the purpose of resale or securitization. The mortgage and leasing operations provide a wide range of assets for the Companys investing operations. The Company may choose to sell some of these mortgages from time to time for capital management purposes, or to take advantage of market opportunities. In turn, the Companys funding capabilities provide the mortgage and leasing operations with diversified, predictable funding sources and the ability to earn income from mortgage trading activities.
The mortgage operations generate fee income from the origination, underwriting, funding and servicing of single-family residential mortgages, residential construction mortgages and commercial mortgages. The mortgage operations earn investment income from aggregating mortgages and then selling these mortgages to third-party investors or to securitization trusts. The single-family residential operations are conducted primarily through its 20 percent owned affiliate, MCAP Service Corporation (MSC).
The Companys non-traditional single-family residential mortgage operations, including the sub-prime and covenant recovery businesses, are conducted in MCAP Financial Corporation (MFC). The sub-prime single-family residential mortgage business is a high-yield security-based lending program, in which the underlying real estate is the primary determinant in credit adjudication. MCAP can generate attractive yields through this sub-prime business, given that the Company can effectively manage the higher risk of arrears through proactive collection and recovery activities. Residential construction lending and servicing, and commercial mortgage origination and servicing are conducted in MCAP Commercial Limited Partnership (MCLP) and Canada ICI Commercial Mortgages Inc.
The Companys leasing operations are conducted through its wholly owned subsidiary MTC Leasing Inc. (MTCL). With a client base across Canada, MTCL originates, underwrites, funds, services and securitizes small equipment leases. The leasing Company generates new business through direct vendor relationships and through lease brokers.
MTCL has developed state-of-the-art lease application processing systems, as well as an automated credit adjudication system to support the sales staff. The lease administration system is capable of handling very large volumes of transactions, while providing effective reporting to management and the investor/borrower customers. Therefore, MTCL has been developing new business leads to sell outsourcing services to other leasing companies, in order to broaden MTCLs servicing income sources and to grow its portfolio of leases under administration.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MCAN Mortgage Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MCAN Mortgage Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MCAN Mortgage Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MCAN Mortgage Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MCAN Mortgage Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MCAN MORTGAGE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Major Shareholders
MCAN Mortgage Corp. History
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Offices and Representations
MCAN Mortgage Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MCAN Mortgage Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
MCAN Mortgage Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
MCAN Mortgage Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MCAN Mortgage Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MCAN Mortgage Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?