- The report contains detailed information about Leucadia National Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Leucadia National Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Leucadia National Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Leucadia National Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Leucadia National Corp. business.
About Leucadia National Corp.
Leucadia National Corporation operates as a diversified holding company. The company engages in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, telecommunications, land based contract oil and gas drilling, property management and services, gaming entertainment, real estate activities, medical product development, and winery operations. The company also owns equity interests in operating businesses and investment partnerships.
The company's manufacturing operations are conducted through Idaho Timber, LLC (Idaho Timber) and Conwed Plastics, LLC (Conwed Plastics).
Idaho Timber: Idaho engages in the manufacture and distribution of various wood products. Idaho Timber's principal product lines include remanufacturing dimension lumber; remanufacturing, bundling and bar coding of home center boards for retailers; and production of 5/4 inch radius-edge, pine decking. Remanufactured dimension lumber is Idaho Timbers main product line. Idaho Timber primarily markets to local, regional and national lumber retailers for its dimension lumber products, home improvement centers for its home center board products and decking treaters for its sawmill product, and other resellers of home construction materials.
Plastics Manufacturing: Through Conwed Plastics, the company manufactures and markets lightweight plastic netting used for a variety of purposes, including building and construction, erosion control, packaging, agricultural, carpet padding, filtration and consumer products. These products are primarily used for containment purposes, reinforcement of other products, packaging for produce and meats, various types of filtration and erosion prevention. Products are marketed both domestically and internationally with customers from Europe, Latin America, Japan and Australia.
STi Prepaid, LLC is a facilities-based provider of long-distance wireline and wireless telecommunications services. STi Prepaids principal product line is prepaid international long distance calling cards. It also provides carrier wholesale services and selling prepaid wireless products and related services. Through its portfolio of calling cards, STi Prepaid provides international service to approximately 200 destinations. STi Prepaid offers approximately 500 different calling cards in various denominations that are sold through a variety of retail stores and on the Internet, targeted to appeal to a variety of consumers. STi Prepaids calling cards are primarily marketed to ethnic communities in urban areas.
STi Prepaid enters into wholesale service agreements with other telecommunication service providers pursuant to which STi Prepaid becomes the terminating vendor for international calls. STi Prepaid operates its prepaid mobile business as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). STi Prepaid primarily distributes its prepaid calling cards primarily through distributors who resell the cards to retailers throughout the U.S.
Oil and Gas Drilling Services
Keen is a land based contract oil and gas drilling company based in Stillwater, Oklahoma that provides drilling services to independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the Mid-Continent Region of the U.S. Keen operates drilling rigs in Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas. Keen supplies the drilling rig, all ancillary equipment and drilling personnel. The majority of wells drilled by Keen are natural gas wells in unconventional basins.
Each of Keens drilling rigs consists of engines, drawworks, a mast, pumps, blowout preventers, a drill string and ancillary equipment. Keens drilling rigs can operate 24 hours a day, and seven days a week. As of December 31, 2009, Keen has 38 drilling rigs in its fleet that have rated maximum depth capabilities ranging from 6,500 feet to 22,000 feet. Keen markets its drilling rigs to independent oil and gas companies.
Property Management and Services
ResortQuest provides vacation rental management services to vacation properties in beach and mountain resort locations, homeowner association management to resort communities and real estate brokerage services for the residential property market
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Leucadia National Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Leucadia National Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Leucadia National Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Leucadia National Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Leucadia National Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LEUCADIA NATIONAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Leucadia National Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Leucadia National Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Leucadia National Corp. Major Shareholders
Leucadia National Corp. History
Leucadia National Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Leucadia National Corp. Offices and Representations
Leucadia National Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Leucadia National Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Leucadia National Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Leucadia National Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Leucadia National Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Leucadia National Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Leucadia National Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Leucadia National Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Leucadia National Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Leucadia National Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Leucadia National Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Leucadia National Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?