- The report contains detailed information about Legg Mason Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Legg Mason Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Legg Mason Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Legg Mason Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Legg Mason Inc. business.
About Legg Mason Inc.
Legg Mason Inc. operates as an asset management company. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides investment management and related services to institutional and individual clients, company-sponsored mutual funds, and other pooled investment vehicles.
The company operates its business as two divisions: Americas and International. The companys investment advisory services include discretionary and non-discretionary management of separate investment accounts in various investment styles for institutional and individual investors. Its investment products include proprietary mutual funds ranging from money market and other liquidity products to fixed income and equity funds managed in various investment styles, other domestic and offshore funds offered to both retail and institutional investors and funds-of-hedge funds.
The companys Americas division includes the separate account management operations of its U.S.-based asset managers and its mutual, closed-end and other proprietary fund operations, and distribution operations that are located in the United States. The asset managers in this division provide a range of separate account investment management services to institutional clients, including pension and other retirement plans, corporations, insurance companies, endowments and foundations and governments, and to high net worth individuals and families. This division also sponsors and manages various groups of the U.S. mutual funds, including the Legg Mason Funds (which include the funds formerly branded as Legg Mason Partners Funds), The Royce Funds and the western Asset Funds, and provides investment advisory services to retail separately managed account programs.
Asset Managers in this Division
western Asset Management Company is a global fixed income asset manager for institutional clients. western Asset operates globally; its the U.S. operations are assigned to this division and its international operations are part of the International division. Headquartered in Pasadena, California, western Asset's the U.S. operations include investment operations in New York City. western Asset offers a range of products spanning the yield curve and encompassing the world's bond markets, including a suite of limited duration and core products, emerging market and high yield portfolios, municipal portfolios and various sector-oriented and global products.
ClearBridge Advisors is an equity asset management firm based in New York City that also has an office in San Francisco, California. ClearBridge Advisors provides asset management services to 26 of the equity funds (including balanced funds) in the Legg Mason Funds, to retail separately managed account programs and, primarily through separate accounts, to institutional clients. ClearBridge also sub-advises domestic mutual funds that are sponsored by third parties. ClearBridge offers an array of investment styles and disciplines, designed to address a range of investment objectives.
Royce & Associates, LLC is investment advisor to all of The Royce Funds. In addition, Royce & Associates manages other pooled and separate accounts, primarily institutional. Headquartered in New York City, Royce & Associates invests in smaller company stocks.
Brandywine Global Investment Management, LLC manages equity and fixed income, including global and international fixed income, portfolios for institutional and, through wrap accounts, high net worth individual clients.
Batterymarch Financial Management, Inc. manages U.S., international and emerging markets equity portfolios for institutional clients. Based in Boston, Massachusetts, Batterymarch primarily uses a quantitative approach to asset management.
Legg Mason Capital Management is an equity asset management business based in Baltimore, Maryland that manages both institutional separate accounts and mutual funds. Legg Mason Capital Management manages six Legg Mason Funds, and also sub-advises the mutual fund managed by the joint venture and investment products sponsored by its other subsidiaries.
Legg Mason Investment Counsel & Trust Company, National Association is a nat
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LEGG MASON INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LEGG MASON INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LEGG MASON INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LEGG MASON INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LEGG MASON INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Legg Mason Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Legg Mason Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Legg Mason Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Legg Mason Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Legg Mason Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LEGG MASON INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LEGG MASON INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LEGG MASON INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LEGG MASON INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LEGG MASON INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LEGG MASON INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Legg Mason Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Legg Mason Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Legg Mason Inc. Major Shareholders
Legg Mason Inc. History
Legg Mason Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Legg Mason Inc. Offices and Representations
Legg Mason Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Legg Mason Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Legg Mason Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Legg Mason Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Legg Mason Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Legg Mason Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Legg Mason Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Legg Mason Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Legg Mason Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Legg Mason Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Legg Mason Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Legg Mason Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?