- The report contains detailed information about Legacy Bancorp Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Legacy Bancorp Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Legacy Bancorp Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Legacy Bancorp Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Legacy Bancorp Inc. business.
About Legacy Bancorp Inc.
Legacy Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for Legacy Banks. The company is a full-service, community-oriented financial institution offering products and services to individuals, families, and businesses through 19 branch offices located in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, and eastern New York State.
The companys business consists primarily of making loans to its customers, including residential mortgages, commercial real estate loans, commercial loans and consumer loans, and investing in various investment and mortgage-backed securities. It also provides insurance and investment products and services, investment portfolio management, debit and credit card products, and online banking. The company offers various financial products and services designed to meet the needs of the communities it serve.
The company, in its lending activities, originates residential real estate loans secured by one-to-four-family residences, commercial real estate loans, residential and commercial construction loans, commercial loans, home equity lines-of-credit, fixed rate home equity loans, and other personal consumer loans. It makes loans throughout Massachusetts and eastern New York, most of its lending activities are concentrated in its market area.
Residential Real Estate Loans: The company offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate residential mortgage loans with maturities of approximately 30 years. The company, to provide financing for low and moderate-income first-time home buyers, originates and services residential mortgage loans with private mortgage insurance provided by the Mortgage Insurance Fund (MIF) of the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency, or Mass Housing. The program provides mortgage payment protection as an enhancement to mortgage insurance coverage.
Commercial Real Estate Loans: The company originates commercial real estate loans for terms of up to 10 years with amortization schedules of approximately 25 years. Commercial real estate loans are secured by multi-family income properties, small office buildings, retail facilities, warehouses, industrial properties and owner-occupied properties used for business.
Home Equity Lines-of-Credit and Loans: The company offers home equity lines-of-credit and home equity term loans. Home equity lines-of-credit and loans are secured by first or second mortgages on one-to-four family owner occupied properties.
Commercial Loans: The company originates secured and unsecured commercial and industrial loans to business customers in its market area for the purpose of financing equipment purchases, working capital, expansion and other general business purposes. The companys commercial loans are collateralized by equipment, accounts receivable and inventory, supported by personal guarantees. It offers both term and revolving commercial loans.
Consumer and Other Loans: The company offers various consumer and other loans, including auto loans, manufactured housing loans and loans secured by passbook savings or certificate accounts.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included government-sponsored enterprises (GSE); municipal bonds; corporate bonds and other obligations; and the U.S. government and GSE mortgage-backed securities.
Consumer and commercial deposits are gathered primarily from the companys primary market area through the offering of a selection of deposit products, including checking, regular savings, money market deposits, and time deposits, including certificate of deposit accounts and individual retirement accounts.
Subsidiary Activities and Portfolio Management Services
The company owns LB Funding Corporation, Legacy Insurance Services of the Berkshires, Legacy Securities Corporation, and CSB Service Corporation.
Legacy Insurance Services of the Berkshires (LISB): LISB is an insurance agency that focuses on providing the companys clients with non-deposit insurance and investment products.
Legacy Securities Corporation (LSC): LSC is an investment company that engages in buying, selling and holding securities on its own behalf.
CSB Service Corporation: CSB Service Corp. is a company utilized by Legacy Banks to hold real estate taken in foreclosure.
Portfolio Management Services: The company offers portfolio management services through its trust division known as Legacy Portfolio Management (LPM).
Legacy Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1835.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LEGACY BANCORP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LEGACY BANCORP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LEGACY BANCORP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LEGACY BANCORP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LEGACY BANCORP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Legacy Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Legacy Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Legacy Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Legacy Bancorp Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Legacy Bancorp Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LEGACY BANCORP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LEGACY BANCORP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LEGACY BANCORP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LEGACY BANCORP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LEGACY BANCORP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LEGACY BANCORP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Major Shareholders
Legacy Bancorp Inc. History
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Offices and Representations
Legacy Bancorp Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Legacy Bancorp Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Legacy Bancorp Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Legacy Bancorp Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Legacy Bancorp Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Legacy Bancorp Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?