- The report contains detailed information about KBW Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for KBW Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The KBW Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes KBW Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of KBW Inc business.
About KBW Inc
KBW, Inc. operates as a full service investment bank specializing in the financial services industry.
The companys business is organized into four general service offerings: investment banking, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and other strategic advisory services, equity and fixed income securities offerings, and mutual thrift conversions; equity and fixed income sales and trading; research that provides fundamental, objective analysis that identifies investment opportunities and helps investor customers make better investment decisions; and asset management, including investment management and other advisory services to institutional clients and private high net worth clients and various investment vehicles.
The companys focus includes bank and thrift holding companies, banking companies, thrift institutions, insurance companies, broker-dealers, mortgage banks, asset management companies, mortgage and equity real estate investment trusts (REITs), consumer and specialty finance firms, financial processing companies, and securities exchanges. As of December 31, 2009, its research department covered an aggregate of 543 financial services companies, including 439 companies in the United States and 104 in Europe.
The companys wholly-owned operating subsidiaries comprise a the U.S. registered broker-dealer, Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, Inc., a the U.S. registered investment advisor, KBW Asset Management, Inc. and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Limited, an investment firm authorized and regulated by the U.K. Financial Services Authority. It has nine broker-dealer offices with headquarters in New York and other offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Hartford, Houston, Richmond (Virginia), San Francisco, and London.
The companys investment banking practice provides a range of investment banking services to bank and thrift holding companies, banks and thrifts, insurance companies, broker-dealers, mortgage banks, asset management companies, REITs, consumer and specialty finance firms, financial processing companies and securities exchanges. The services the company provides include M&A and other strategic advisory services, and Equity and fixed income securities offerings.
The companys investment banking practice is based on relationships developed by the departments professionals operating from its offices in New York, London, Chicago, Houston, Richmond (Virginia), and San Francisco. The locations of its the U.S. offices enable the company to identify local and regional opportunities and provide clients with locally-based services, while keeping in touch with developments in major financial centers.
The companys investment banking business is structured to serve three segments of the financial services industry: banks and thrifts, insurance, and diversified finance (which includes all other types of financial service businesses, such as REITs, broker dealers, asset managers, mortgage banks, and consumer and specialty finance firms).
M&A and Strategic Advisory Services: The company provides a range of advice to its clients in relation to mergers, acquisitions and similar corporate finance matters and are involved at each stage of these transactions, from initial structuring to final execution. The companys advisement and related services to clients considering potential acquisitions of a target company or certain of its assets include evaluating potential acquisition targets, providing valuation analyses, evaluating and proposing financial and strategic alternatives, rendering fairness opinions, providing advice regarding the timing, structure and pricing of a proposed acquisition, and assisting in negotiating and closing the acquisition.
The companys advisement and related services to clients contemplating the sale of their entire company or certain of their businesses or assets may include evaluating and recommending financial and strategic alternatives with respect to a sale, advising on the appropriate sale process, providing valuation analyses, assisting in preparing an offering memorandum or other appropriate sales materials, rendering fairness opinion
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KBW INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KBW INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KBW INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KBW INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KBW INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. KBW Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of KBW Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of KBW Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. KBW Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. KBW Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. KBW INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KBW INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KBW INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KBW INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KBW INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KBW INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
KBW Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
KBW Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
KBW Inc Major Shareholders
KBW Inc History
KBW Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
KBW Inc Offices and Representations
KBW Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
KBW Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
KBW Inc Capital Market Snapshot
KBW Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
KBW Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
KBW Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
KBW Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
KBW Inc 1-year Stock Charts
KBW Inc 5-year Stock Charts
KBW Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
KBW Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
KBW Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?