- The report contains detailed information about Israel Discount Bank Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Israel Discount Bank Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Israel Discount Bank Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Israel Discount Bank Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Israel Discount Bank Ltd. business.
About Israel Discount Bank Ltd.
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. provides commercial banking services in Israel and internationally. The company offers its customers banking services in various areas of financial activity. It also offers its customers direct banking, on-line banking, and Internet services. As of December 31, 2008, the company operated 142 branches in Israel, as well as 71 additional branches.
The company has two banking subsidiaries in Israel - Mercantile Discount Bank Ltd. - a commercial bank serving customers in various fields of financial activity through 71 branches; and Discount Mortgage Bank Ltd., serving as the main arm of the company in the mortgage loan field. In addition, it has an affiliated company, The First International Bank of Israel Ltd., a banking group in Israel.
The company's activities in Israel include additional areas, such as Credit cards - The Bank controls Israel Credit Cards Ltd. (ICC) and Diners Club Israel Ltd. (Diners), which issue and market VISA, Diners, and MasterCard credit cards, both for domestic and overseas use; Securities portfolio management - The subsidiary, Tachlit Investment House Ltd., which manages securities investment portfolios for private customers, corporations, not-for-profit organizations, and institutional bodies; and Non-financial investments and underwriting the subsidiary Israel Discount Capital Markets and Investments Ltd. engages in investment banking, investments in private equity funds, venture capital funds and in other non-financial investments. This subsidiary also engages in underwriting and managing the issue of securities.
The companys major operations abroad are conducted by Israel Discount Bank of New York. The company, through IDB New York, also holds a commercial bank in Montevideo and Uruguay. It also holds a bank in Switzerland, which focuses on private banking. It also operates a London branch, which provides commercial and private banking services. In addition, it has representative offices in Paris, Buenos Aires, and Santiago. Its securities portfolio, as of December 31, 2008, included investment in asset backed securities, primarily in mortgage backed securities (MBS).
The company operates two retail segments: the Household Segment and the Small Business Segment.
Retail Banking Sector - Household Segment
The Household segment provides banking products, such as current account management, credit, deposits, capital market activity and credit card services, as well as loans for the purchase, lease, enlargement, renovation or construction of residential units, and the granting of loans for any purpose, secured by a mortgage on a residential unit. It also offers customer telephone answering service - automatic direction to direct banking for customers calling the branch switchboard.
Retail Banking Sector - Small Businesses Segment
The Small Business segment provides various services to small and medium size business customers. The foreign trade department serves customers engaged in international trade. Its customers benefit from a range of foreign trade services in specialist industry units that deal with various aspects of foreign trade, viz., exports, imports, financing, future financial instruments, electronic communication, and relevant information on customers and suppliers. Activities of business clubs are also provided to customers of this segment.
CORPORATE BANKING SEGMENT
The Corporate Banking segment provides personal, professional, and quality service that relates to financial needs by offering customized various banking products in the credit, exchange-rate hedging, international trade, settlement through the use of credit cards, financing, and specialist capital market investments. The services offered include current financing according to customer needs, including foreign trade activity and the trading desk, financing of investments for maintaining and expanding activity, the financing of acquisitions and mergers, granting credit to capital market operators, participating in credit and/or risk offered by the large local banks or foreign financial institutions extending credit to Israeli c
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Israel Discount Bank Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Israel Discount Bank Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ISRAEL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ISRAEL DISCOUNT BANK LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Major Shareholders
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. History
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Offices and Representations
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?