- The report contains detailed information about Investment AB Kinnevik that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Investment AB Kinnevik. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Investment AB Kinnevik financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Investment AB Kinnevik competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Investment AB Kinnevik business.
About Investment AB Kinnevik
Investment AB Kinnevik manufactures fiber-based packaging materials for consumer products. The Kinnevik portfolio is divided into three segments, including Major Unlisted Holdings consisting of Korsnäs, Major Listed Holdings including Millicom, Tele2, MTG, Metro and Transcom and New Ventures with Kinneviks holdings in agriculture in Poland (Rolnyvik) and Russia (Black Earth Farming), renewable energy in Latvia (Sia Latgran), online-media and yellow-pages in Russia (Kontakt East Holding), pay-TV (Gateway TV) and microfinancing in Africa (Bayport) and search-based online-marketing in Scandinavia and Europe (Relevant Traffic).
Major Listed Holdings
Millicom: Millicom offers accessible mobile telephone services to market segments in 16 countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia. Millicom has one unified GSM brand, tigo, in 14 of its 16 markets.
Tele2 AB: Tele2 offers products and services in fixed and mobile telephony, broadband and cable TV to 24 million customers in 11 countries.
MTG: MTG is an international entertainment broadcasting group with its core business in television. MTG's Viasat Broadcasting operates as a free-TV and satellite premium pay-TV operator in Scandinavia and the Baltics, and also operates free-TV channels in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Ghana, pay-TV channels throughout Central & Eastern Europe and in the United States and a satellite premium pay TV platform in Ukraine. Viasat broadcasts approximately 50 own branded channels.
MTG Radio is a commercial radio operator in the Nordic region and the Baltic countries. MTG Radio owns, or has equity stakes in the commercial radio broadcasting networks in Sweden, Norway and Finland, as well as radio stations and networks in the Baltic countries. MTG Radio's stations reach approximately three million listeners every day.
The Online business comprises the Nordic entertainment retailer CDON.COM, Gymgrossisten.com, Bodystore.com, Nelly.se, linus-lotta.com, bookplus.fi, BET24 and Playahead.
Modern Studios incorporates companies which produce and distribute a range of content. Strix Television is a TV production company and provides innovative and contemporary TV formats.
Metro: Metro is an international daily newspaper. Metros 64 editions is published in 100 major cities in 20 countries across Europe, North & South America and Asia.
Transcom: Transcom is active within outsourcing of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Credit Management Services. The company provides CRM solutions for companies in a range of industry sectors, including telecommunications and e-commerce, travel & tourism, retail, financial services and utilities. Transcom offers its clients a range of relationship management services, including inbound communication, telemarketing and outbound, administrative tasks, web servicing, CRM consultancy services, contract automation, credit management services, legal service and interpretation services.
Major Unlisted Holdings
Korsnäs: Korsnäs Industrial is one of the manufacturers of virgin fiber-based packaging materials, primarily for consumer products. It offers liquid packaging board for dairy products and other beverages; white top kraft liner for corrugated packaging; carton board for packaging cosmetics, luxury drinks, confectionery, and frozen food; and sack and kraft paper for sacks, carrier bags, and food packaging.
R2 International: R2 International is a European online company focused on price comparison services. In April 2009, Investment AB Kinnevik acquired a 20 % stake in R2 International, a relatively newly established European online company focused on price comparison websites, such as for loans and insurances. The company is operating in Poland, Spain, Italy and Turkey.
Rolnyvik: Rolnyvik is a company with agricultural activities in Poland. The company controls 6,705 hectares of land used for crop farming. Rolnyvik is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kinnevik.
Black Earth Farming: Black Earth Farming is a farming company operating in Russia. As of 31 December 2008, Black Earth Farming controlled 317,000 hectares of land of which 95,000 hectares were under full registered ownership.
Sia Latgran: Sia Latgran is a Latvian producer of pellets. The company is mainly focusing on supplying the Swedish, Danish, German, and Austrian markets. Kinnevik holds 51% of the equity and the voting interest in the company.
Relevant Traffic: Relevant Traffic is active in the area of digital sales and marketing, using the Internet as its information carrier, and operates in software and hardware, consultation and campaign management. Kinnevik owns 97% of the votes and capital in the company.
Kontakt East: Kontakt East invests in primarily Internet-related, media companies in Russia and closely located markets. The company consists of the two business segments Directory Services, which publishes printed directories in Moscow, St. Petersburg and eight other Russian regions, as well as online search services, and Consumer eCommerce, which offers consumer-focused e-commerce through such forums as the www.avito.ru marketplace.
Bayport: Bayport offers micro credit and financial services in Ghana, Uganda, Zambia and Tanzania.
In September 2009, Investment AB Kinnevik and Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd. have joined forces to create one of West Africa's private equity funds.
Investment AB Kinnevik was founded in 1936.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Investment AB Kinnevik Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Investment AB Kinnevik and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Investment AB Kinnevik and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Investment AB Kinnevik Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Investment AB Kinnevik Industry Position Analysis
6. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INVESTMENT AB KINNEVIK VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Investment AB Kinnevik Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Investment AB Kinnevik Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Investment AB Kinnevik Major Shareholders
Investment AB Kinnevik History
Investment AB Kinnevik Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Investment AB Kinnevik Offices and Representations
Investment AB Kinnevik SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Investment AB Kinnevik Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Investment AB Kinnevik Capital Market Snapshot
Investment AB Kinnevik Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Investment AB Kinnevik Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Investment AB Kinnevik Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Investment AB Kinnevik Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Investment AB Kinnevik 1-year Stock Charts
Investment AB Kinnevik 5-year Stock Charts
Investment AB Kinnevik vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Investment AB Kinnevik vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Investment AB Kinnevik Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?