- The report contains detailed information about Internet Capital Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Internet Capital Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Internet Capital Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Internet Capital Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Internet Capital Group Inc. business.
About Internet Capital Group Inc.
Internet Capital Group, Inc. (ICG) acquires and builds Internet software and services companies. The company has two components: Corporate and Partner companies.
The companys Partner companies are grouped into two operating segments consisting of the Core segment and the Other Holdings segment. The Core operating segment includes those partner companies in which the companys management takes a very active role in providing strategic direction and management assistance (Core). The Other Holdings operating segment includes holdings in companies where, in general, it does not have a controlling ownership stake, it provides less operational support and the partner company is managed to provide the near-term stockholder value. As of December 31, 2006, it had ownership interests in 18 companies.
As of December 31, 2006, the companys partner companies consisted of:
ICG Commerce Holdings, Inc. (ICG Commerce): ICG Commerce is a procurement services provider delivering total procurement cost savings through a combination of know-how and hosted technology. ICG Commerce provides a range of solutions to help companies identify savings through sourcing, realize savings through implementation of purchase-to-pay automation and drive continuous improvements through ongoing category management.
Investor Force Holdings, Inc. (Investor Force): Investor Force is a financial software company specializing in the development of online applications for the financial services industry. InvestorForce provides pension consultants and other financial intermediaries with a Web-based enterprise platform that integrates data management with analytic and reporting capabilities in support of its institutional and other clients. This private-labeled application provides investment consultants with the ability to conduct real-time analysis and research into client, manager and market movement as well as to produce timely, automated client reporting.
Channel Intelligence, Inc. (Channel Intelligence): Channel Intelligence is a provider of data solutions that enables online shoppers to find and buy products, whether they start at retailer sites, manufacturer sites or destination shopping sites, through the use of Channel Intelligences patented optimization technology and data solutions.
Freeborders, Inc. (Freeborders): Freeborders is a provider of technology solutions and outsourcing from China. Freeborders also provides product lifecycle management software and services to retailers and their suppliers, enabling brands to manage the complexity of their supply chains.
Marketron International, Inc. (Marketron): Marketron is a provider of broadcast management solutions for the radio, TV and cable industries. Marketrons fully integrated suite of sales, traffic, finance and business intelligence solutions automates workflow from proposal to billing.
Metastorm, Inc. (Metastorm): Metastorm is an enterprise software and service provider that enables its customers to turn business strategies into business processes by fully integrating the work that people do with software systems that optimize business performance. Metastorm delivers a complete set of scalable business process management solutions that leverage existing IT investments to unite people, processes and technology in a service-based architecture.
StarCite, Inc. (StarCite): StarCite provides a suite of software applications and services to the meeting and events industry. Approximately 400 corporate, association and third-party meeting buyers depend on StarCites Enterprise Meeting Solutions for workflow, procurement, supply chain management, spend analysis and attendee management. Industry suppliers rely on the StarCite Online Marketplace, supplier marketing programs and enabling technologies. StarCites international division represents destination management companies and other international travel suppliers using both technology and traditional means.
Vcommerce Corporation (Vcommerce): Vcommerce provides on-demand commerce and fulfillment solutions for multi-channel retailers and direct-to-consumer companies of all types. Vcommerce offers solutions and customized features that allow customers to depend on Vcommerce for some or all of their e-commerce functions, from hosting an entire e-commerce site to supporting back-end functions such as managing drop-ship suppliers. As a complete solution, Vcommerce enables retailers, distributors and manufacturers to merchandise products, accept orders from customers, authorize and settle credit card transactions, ship products directly to the consumer, handle returns and manage customer service through the Vcommerce platform with minimal operating overhead and no IT infrastructure.
Qcorps Residential, Inc. (d/b/a WhiteFence) (WhiteFence): WhiteFence is a Web services provider used by household consumers to compare and purchase essential home services, such as electricity, natural gas, telephone and cable/satellite television. WhiteFence reaches customers directly through company-owned Web sites and through its network of exclusive channel partners who integrate the Web services applications into their own business processes and Web sites.
Internet Capital Group, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Internet Capital Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Internet Capital Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Internet Capital Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Internet Capital Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Internet Capital Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERNET CAPITAL GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Internet Capital Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Internet Capital Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Internet Capital Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Internet Capital Group Inc. History
Internet Capital Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Internet Capital Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Internet Capital Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Internet Capital Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Internet Capital Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Internet Capital Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Internet Capital Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Internet Capital Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Internet Capital Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Internet Capital Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Internet Capital Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Internet Capital Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Internet Capital Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Internet Capital Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?