- The report contains detailed information about Independence Federal Savings Bank that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Independence Federal Savings Bank. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Independence Federal Savings Bank financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Independence Federal Savings Bank competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Independence Federal Savings Bank business.
About Independence Federal Savings Bank
Independence Federal Savings Bank operates as a federal stock savings bank. The bank offers various deposit products and originates loans.
Market Area and Branches
The banks market area includes the greater Washington metropolitan area, including suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia. The bank conducts its business from its main office located in Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. In addition, it operates two branch offices in Northwest Washington, one in Chevy Chase, Maryland and one in Silver Spring, Maryland.
As of December 31, 2008, the banks loan portfolio included real estate loans, guaranteed student loans, and commercial and other consumer loans.
Residential Real Estate Loans: The banks lending activities on mortgage loans secured primarily by single-family dwellings, duplexes, and condominiums located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
Commercial real estate loans: The commercial real estate loans are made for the purchase, refinance, and renovation of commercial property types, such as small office buildings, strip centers, warehouses, light industrial properties, apartment buildings, and strip centers warehouses.
Guaranteed Loans: As of December 31, 2008, the bank had investments in educational loans, generated under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) that provides for private lenders to market, originate, and service federally guaranteed loans to students and their families.
Commercial and Other Consumer Loans: The bank offers consumer loans, such as home equity loans, property improvement loans, credit card loans, and deposit account secured loans.
The banks deposit products include money market deposit accounts, commercial deposit accounts, individual retirement accounts, automatic payment systems, automatic payroll, and social security payment deposits. It also provides online banking services, travelers checks, and notary services.
As of December 31, 2008, the banks investment portfolio included the U.S. Treasury obligations and securities of various federal agencies and federal sponsored entities, certificates of deposit, bankers' acceptances, and federal funds.
The bank ceased the origination of student loans as a participating lender with the Student Loan Marketing Association under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP), which is effective from December 31, 2008.
Independence Federal Savings Bank was founded in 1968. It was formerly known as Independence Federal Savings and Loan Association and changed its name to Independence Federal Savings Bank in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Independence Federal Savings Bank Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Independence Federal Savings Bank and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Independence Federal Savings Bank and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Independence Federal Savings Bank Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Independence Federal Savings Bank Industry Position Analysis
6. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INDEPENDENCE FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Independence Federal Savings Bank Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Independence Federal Savings Bank Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Independence Federal Savings Bank Major Shareholders
Independence Federal Savings Bank History
Independence Federal Savings Bank Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Independence Federal Savings Bank Offices and Representations
Independence Federal Savings Bank SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Independence Federal Savings Bank Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Independence Federal Savings Bank Capital Market Snapshot
Independence Federal Savings Bank Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Independence Federal Savings Bank Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Independence Federal Savings Bank Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Independence Federal Savings Bank Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Independence Federal Savings Bank 1-year Stock Charts
Independence Federal Savings Bank 5-year Stock Charts
Independence Federal Savings Bank vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Independence Federal Savings Bank vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Independence Federal Savings Bank Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?