- The report contains detailed information about Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Horizon Bancorporation, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. business.
About Horizon Bancorporation, Inc.
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. operates as the holding company for Horizon Bank that provides commercial banking products and services to individual, professional, and business customers in Bradenton, Florida, the surrounding area of Manatee County, and with expansion into Eastern Hillsborough County.
The company attracts deposits from the general public and uses those deposits, together with borrowings and other sources of funds, to originate and purchase loans. It offers a range of short and medium-term commercial, consumer, and real estate loans.
Commercial Loans: The company's commercial lending activities include small to medium-size professional firms, retail, and wholesale businesses, light industry, and manufacturing concerns operating in and around the primary service area. The types of loans provided include principally term loans with variable interest rates secured by equipment, inventory, receivables and real estate, as well as secured and unsecured working capital lines of credit. Personal guarantees are obtained from the principals of business borrowers and/or third parties to further support the borrower's ability to service the debt and reduce the risk of nonpayment. These loans include loans obtained for various business purposes, and are made to individual, partnership, or corporate borrowers.
Real Estate Loans: The company's commercial real estate lending is oriented toward short-term interim loans and construction loans. It also originates variable-rate residential and other mortgage loans for its own account and both variable and fixed-rate residential mortgage loans for resale. The residential loans are secured by first mortgages on one-to-four family residences in the primary service area. Loans secured by second mortgages on a borrower's residence are also made.
Consumer Loans: The company's consumer lending is made on a secured or unsecured basis and is oriented primarily to the requirements of the companys customers, with an emphasis on automobile financing, home improvements, debt consolidation, and other personal needs. Its consumer loans consist primarily of installment loans to individuals for personal, family and household purposes, including automobile loans and pre-approved lines of credit to individuals.
The company offers a range of deposit products include interest-bearing and non-interest-bearing accounts, including commercial and retail checking accounts, negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) accounts, individual retirement accounts, regular interest-bearing savings accounts, and certificates of deposits.
The company issues credit cards and acts as a merchant depository for cardholder drafts under both Visa and MasterCard. It offers night depository and bank-by-mail services and sells travelers checks issued by an independent entity and cashiers checks.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included the U.S. agency bonds; collateralized mortgage obligations; mortgage-backed securities; trust-preferred & other corporate securities; and equity securities.
The company was incorporated in May 1998. It was formerly known as Manasota Group, Inc. and changed its name to Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. in October 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HORIZON BANCORPORATION, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Major Shareholders
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. History
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Offices and Representations
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Horizon Bancorporation, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?