- The report contains detailed information about Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V business.
About Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V. provides banking and financial services in Europe. The company has approximately 67 million customers, 10,300 offices and a presence in 40 countries. It also offers financial services in Spain and Latin America. The company operates in the United Kingdom through its Abbey subsidiary. Through Santander Consumer Finance, it also operates a consumer finance franchise in Germany, Italy, Spain and nine other European countries.
The company, in 2006, had approximately 10 million debit and credit cards and approximately 175 thousand mutual fund agreements. During 2006, two new Private Banking-oriented mutual funds were launched to complement the ST&ER Family of Funds: The STERIN1, an international long-term debt fund, and the STERASI equity fund, which allows for diversification via investments in Asian companies. On the other hand, the PREMIER Fund, which Santander began marketing in 2006, is a Fund of Funds aimed at the Premier and Banking Plus segments that serves to fulfill an asset diversification and allocation strategy by investing its assets in a series of Funds belonging to the ST&ER Family of Funds.
Commercial Banking segment
Commercial Banking includes all customer banking businesses, and is divided into the following segments: Individuals, Small- and Medium-Sized Companies (Pymes), Companies, Institutions and Local Corporate Banking.
Global Wholesale Banking segment
Global Wholesale Banking includes the companys operations from the Global Corporate Banking, Investment Banking and Treasury businesses.
Asset Management and Insurance segment
Asset Management and Insurance includes the contribution of Investment Funds, Pension Funds, and Insurance.
The companys loan portfolio includes Commercial loans, Loans to financial intermediaries, Consumer loans, Mortgage loans, Government loans, and Fobaproa or IPAB.
The company has investments in different long term government securities.
The companys deposits include Retail Deposits comprising Demand deposits and Time deposits.
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V. was founded in 1857.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Industry Position Analysis
6. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MEXICO PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GRUPO FINANCIERO SANTANDER S.A.B. DE C.V VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Major Shareholders
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V History
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Offices and Representations
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Capital Market Snapshot
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V 5-year Stock Charts
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?