- The report contains detailed information about Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. business.
About Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A.
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. operates as a financial services holding company in Argentina. Banco Galicia is the companys main subsidiary, which operates as a full-service bank in Argentina.
The company, through the operating subsidiaries of Tarjetas Regionales S.A., provides proprietary brand credit cards and consumer finance services throughout Argentina. Through Sudamericana Holding S.A. and its subsidiaries, the company provides insurance products in Argentina.
Banco Galicia provides, directly or through its subsidiaries, a variety of financial products and services to large corporations, small- and medium-sized companies (SMEs), and individuals. The banks customer base reaches approximately 1.8 million customers, who are comprised of mostly individuals but who also included approximately 44,000 companies.
The Wholesale Banking Division is in charge of the banks business with the corporate sector. It provides financial services and products to companies of all sizes and across all sectors of the economy. Wholesale Banking provides personalized advise and a variety of commercial banking and investment banking products, to provide working capital and to finance middle and long term investment projects and international trade.
Middle-Market Banking: Middle-Market Banking provides services to businesses with annual sales of approximately Ps. 1 million, excluding multinationals or subsidiaries of multinationals or global companies. This unit offers its customers a range of financial products, including deposit taking and lending including general commercial loans, working capital loans, trade finance, on-lending of funds originated in other entities, overdraft credit lines, mortgage loans, and leasing services, transactional services, such as pay roll direct deposit, collections, and corporate credit cards, as well as the Galicia Rural card, a proprietary card developed by the bank especially for the agribusiness sector. Middle Market Banking is divided into three different units, each of which provides services modified to companies particular needs based on such companies annual sales, and has a special unit specializing in providing services to the agricultural and livestock sector.
Corporate Banking: Corporate Banking serves corporations and multinationals or subsidiaries of multinationals or global companies. This business unit offers clients a range of services modified to fit their specific needs, including deposit-taking and lending, trade finance, general commercial and syndicated loans, working capital loans, letters of credit, collections and treasury services, and payroll direct deposit.
Capital Markets and Investment Banking: These units focus on the integral development of complex capital markets and investment banking products and services for the Wholesale Banking Divisions customers. These services include strategic advice, capital raising through equity and debt securities, securitizations, debt restructuring, structured finance, and M&A advice.
International Trade: The banks international trade services include documentary and stand by letters of credit, guarantees, documentary collections, payment order processing, as well as the possibility of financing trade related transactions. These services are supplemented by Galicia Factoring y Leasing S.A., a wholly owned subsidiary that offers international factoring services.
Non-Financial Public Sector: Through this unit, the bank provides financial services to different government areas and entities, in different districts, focusing on transactional services.
The Retail Banking division manages the banks business with individuals and with businesses, small retailers and professionals with annual revenues below Ps. 1 million. Retail Banking provides a range of financial products and services, encompassing transactions, loans, and investments. On the transactions side, the bank offers its customers checking and savings accounts, credit and debit cards, and payroll direct deposit. On the investment side, Banco Galicias products and services include certificates of
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ARGENTINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Major Shareholders
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. History
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Offices and Representations
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?