- The report contains detailed information about Gleacher & Company, Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gleacher & Company, Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gleacher & Company, Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gleacher & Company, Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gleacher & Company, Inc business.
About Gleacher & Company, Inc
Gleacher & Company, Inc., an independent investment bank, provides corporations and institutional investors with strategic, research-based investment opportunities, capital raising, and financial advisory services, including merger and acquisition, restructuring, recapitalization and strategic alternative analysis services, as well as securities brokerage for institutional customers primarily in the United States.
The company offers a range of products through the Broadpoint Descap, Debt Capital Markets, and Investment Banking divisions of Broadpoint Capital, Inc. (Broadpoint Capital), including its new Investment Banking financial advisory subsidiary, Gleacher Partners LLC (Gleacher Partners), its Equity Capital Markets subsidiary, Broadpoint AmTech and its venture capital subsidiary, FA Technology Ventures Inc. (FATV).
The company operates in five segments: Broadpoint Descap, Debt Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Equities, and Other.
The Broadpoint Descap segment provides sales and trading on a range of mortgage and asset-backed securities, the U.S. Treasury and government securities, structured products, such as collateralized loan obligations (or CLOs) and collateralized debt obligations (or CDOs), whole loans, swaps, and other securities.
DEBT CAPITAL MARKETS
The Debt Capital Markets segment provides sales and trading on corporate debt securities, including bank debt, investment grade and high-yield debt, convertibles, distressed debt, and preferred stock. The Debt Capital Markets also provides execution services for institutional investor customer trades and corporate debt repurchase activities.
The Investment Banking segment consists of 50 client-facing professionals committed to offering a range of financial advisory services in regards to mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and corporate finance-related matters. In addition, it raises capital for corporate clients through underwritings and private placements of debt and equity securities.
On June 5, 2009, the company acquired Gleacher Partners, Inc., a corporate advisory firm that provides strategic financial advice to corporations internationally.
The Equities segment provides sales and trading on equity securities and generates revenues through cash commissions on customer trades and hard-dollar fees for research and other services.
On October 2, 2008, the company acquired American Technology Research, a broker-dealer specializing in institutional research, sales and trading in the technology, aerospace, and defense and tech areas. Rebranded as Broadpoint AmTech, this group provides sales, trading and research on equity securities and generates revenues through cash commissions on customer trades and hard-dollar fees for services and cash commissions on corporate repurchase activities. As of February 15, 2010, Broadpoint AmTech research covered approximately 126 stocks primarily in the technology, aerospace and defense, and tech sectors. Institutional sales professionals deliver investment ideas generated by its research to approximately 300 institutional investor clients, including mutual funds, hedge funds, investment managers, and investment advisors.
The Other segment includes the companys venture capital business that provides the management and investment of venture capital funds.
FA Technology Ventures
FA Technology Ventures provides early-stage growth capital to companies.
The Companys broker-dealer subsidiaries, Broadpoint Capital, Broadpoint AmTech, and Gleacher Partners are members of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA), and various exchanges. Broadpoint Capital is also a member of the National Futures Association (NFA).
The company was founded in 1952. It was formerly known as Broadpoint Gleacher Securities Group, Inc. and changed its name to Gleacher & Company, Inc. in May 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gleacher & Company, Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gleacher & Company, Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gleacher & Company, Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gleacher & Company, Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gleacher & Company, Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLEACHER & COMPANY, INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gleacher & Company, Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gleacher & Company, Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gleacher & Company, Inc Major Shareholders
Gleacher & Company, Inc History
Gleacher & Company, Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gleacher & Company, Inc Offices and Representations
Gleacher & Company, Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gleacher & Company, Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gleacher & Company, Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Gleacher & Company, Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Gleacher & Company, Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gleacher & Company, Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gleacher & Company, Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gleacher & Company, Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Gleacher & Company, Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Gleacher & Company, Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gleacher & Company, Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gleacher & Company, Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?