- The report contains detailed information about Gilman Ciocia, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gilman Ciocia, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gilman Ciocia, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gilman Ciocia, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gilman Ciocia, Inc. business.
About Gilman Ciocia, Inc.
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. provides federal, state, and local tax preparation services to individuals, primarily in the middle and upper income tax brackets; accounting services to small and midsize companies; and financial planning services, including securities brokerage, investment management services, insurance, and financing services.
As of June 30, 2010, the company had 27 offices operating in three states of New York, New Jersey, and Florida. The company also provides financial planning services through approximately 42 independently owned and operated offices in 11 states.
The company's financial planners are registered representatives of Prime Capital Services, Inc. (PCS), a wholly owned subsidiary. PCS conducts a securities brokerage business providing regulatory oversight and products and sales support to its registered representatives, who provide investment products and services to their clients.
The company also has a wholly owned subsidiary, Asset & Financial Planning, Ltd. (AFP), which is as an investment advisor. It processes insurance business through PCS and Prime Financial Services, Inc., which are licensed insurance brokers, as well as through other licensed insurance brokers. It is also a licensed mortgage broker in the states of New York and Pennsylvania and, through GC Capital Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, is a licensed mortgage broker in the state of Florida.
The company provides financial planning services, including securities brokerage, investment management services, insurance and financing services. It offers client the opportunity to complete a questionnaire that is designed to ascertain if the client needs services for other aspects of the client's financial situation. These questionnaires are reviewed to determine whether the client may benefit from the company's financial planning services.
Approved Investment Products: The company's financial planners offer various approved investment products to their clients. It follows a selective process in determining approved products to be offered to clients by its financial planners, and it periodically reviews the product list for maintenance or removal of approved status.
Marketing: The company provides advertising and public relations assistance to its financial planners that improve their profile, public awareness, and professional stature in the public's eye, including FINRA (the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority)-approved marketing materials, corporate and product brochures, and client letters.
Supervision/Compliance: The company's financial planners seek and value assistance in the area of compliance. Its compliance department provides to its representatives advertising and sales literature review; field inspections, followed up with written findings and recommendations; assistance with customer complaints and regulatory inquiries; workshops, seminars, and publications on various compliance matters; regional and national meetings; and interpretation of rules and regulations and general compliance training.
Clearing: The company utilizes the services of National Financial Services, LLC, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fidelity Investments, to clear its transactions.
The company's competitors include H&R Block, Inc.; Jackson Hewitt; Liberty Tax; Merrill Lynch; and Citigroup.
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gilman Ciocia, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gilman Ciocia, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GILMAN CIOCIA, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Major Shareholders
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. History
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Offices and Representations
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gilman Ciocia, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?