- The report contains detailed information about GFI Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GFI Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GFI Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GFI Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GFI Group Inc. business.
About GFI Group Inc.
GFI Group Inc. provides wholesale brokerage, electronic execution, and trading support products for financial markets in the United States and internationally.
The company provides brokerage services, trading system software and data and analytics products to institutional clients in markets for a range of credit, financial, equity and commodity instruments. It functions as an intermediary on behalf of its brokerage clients by matching their trading needs with counterparties having reciprocal interests.
The company offers its customers a hybrid brokerage approach, combining a range of telephonic and electronic trade execution services, depending on the nature of the products and the needs of the individual markets. It complements its hybrid brokerage capabilities with decision support services, such as value-added data and analytics products, real-time auctions and post-transaction services, such as straight-through processing (STP), clearing links and trade and portfolio management services.
As of December 31, 2009, the company served approximately 2,400 brokerage, software, analytics and market data customers, including commercial and investment banks, corporations, insurance companies, asset managers and hedge funds, through its principal offices in New York, Sugar Land (TX), Englewood (NJ), Calgary, Santiago, London, Dublin, Paris, Dubai, Tel Aviv, Shanghai, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney and Cape Town.
The companys segments include Americas Brokerage; Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Brokerage; and Asia Brokerage. Its brokerage operations provide brokerage services in four product categories: credit, financial, equity and commodity.
Products and Services
The companys global brokerage operations focus on various credit, financial, equity and commodity instruments, including both cash and derivative products. It supports and enhances its brokerage operations by providing a range of trading system software, analytics and market data products to its customers. The company also provides its customers with STP links and electronic connections with exchanges and clearing firms where applicable.
The company provides brokerage services to its customers by executing transactions on either an agency or principal basis. The company, in matched principal transactions, acts as a middleman by serving as counterparty for an identified buyer and an identified seller in matching reciprocal back-to-back trades. These transactions are then settled through clearing institutions with which the company has a contractual relationship.
Credit Products: The company provides brokerage services in various credit derivatives, bond instruments and other related credit products. Its offices in New York, London, Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo each provide brokerage services in a range of credit derivative products that may include single-entity credit default swaps, emerging market credit default swaps, credit indices, options on single-entity credit default swaps, options on credit indices, and credit index tranches. The company also provides brokerage services in a range of non-derivative credit instruments, such as investment grade corporate bonds, high yield corporate bonds, emerging market Eurobonds, European government bonds, bank capital preferred shares, asset-backed bonds and floating rate notes. The company provides its services for these non-derivative credit products out of its New York, London, Paris, Singapore and Hong Kong offices.
The company supports its credit product execution services with CreditMatch, its electronic brokerage platform that provides trading, trade processing and STP functionality to its customers. Consistent with its hybrid brokerage model, customers may choose between utilizing CreditMatch to trade certain credit derivative products entirely via an electronic platform or executing the same transaction over the telephone, or via other messaging mediums, with its brokers.
The company holds an economic interest in ICE Trust, a clearinghouse for derivative instruments formed as a result of IntercontinentalExchange Inc's March 2009 purchase
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GFI GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GFI GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GFI GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GFI GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GFI GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GFI Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GFI Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GFI Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GFI Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GFI Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GFI GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GFI GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GFI GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GFI GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GFI GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GFI GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GFI Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GFI Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GFI Group Inc. Major Shareholders
GFI Group Inc. History
GFI Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GFI Group Inc. Offices and Representations
GFI Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GFI Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GFI Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
GFI Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
GFI Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GFI Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GFI Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GFI Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
GFI Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
GFI Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GFI Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GFI Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?