- The report contains detailed information about GAMCO Investors, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GAMCO Investors, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GAMCO Investors, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GAMCO Investors, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GAMCO Investors, Inc. business.
About GAMCO Investors, Inc.
GAMCO Investors, Inc. provides investment advisory services to mutual funds, institutional and high net worth investors, and investment partnerships, principally in the United States.
The company, through Gabelli & Company, Inc., provides institutional research services to institutional clients and investment partnerships. It manages assets on a discretionary basis and invests in a variety of U.S. and international securities through various investment styles.
The company, in addition to its portfolios, offers clients an array of investment strategies that include global, growth, international and convertible products. It also offers a series of investment partnership vehicles that provide a series of long-short investment opportunities in market and sector specific opportunities, including offerings of non-market correlated investments in merger arbitrage, as well as fixed income strategies.
The company conducts investment advisory business principally through: GAMCO Asset Management Inc. (Separate Accounts), Gabelli Funds, LLC (Mutual Funds) and Gabelli Securities, Inc. (Investment Partnerships). It also acts as an underwriter, is a distributor of open-end mutual funds, and provides institutional research through Gabelli & Company, Inc., the companys broker-dealer subsidiary.
The companys assets under management are organized into three groups: Separate accounts, Investment partnerships, and Open and Closed-End Funds.
The company provides advisory services to a range of investors, including high net worth individuals, corporate pension and profit-sharing plans, foundations, endowments, jointly-trusteed plans and municipalities, and also serve as sub-advisor to certain other third-party investment funds including registered investment companies (Separate Accounts).
Separate Accounts - Institutional and High Net Worth: The company provides investment management services through its subsidiary GAMCO Asset Management, Inc. (GAMCO) to institutional and high net worth investors. As of December 31, 2006, the company had approximately 1,700 separate accounts. It provides advisory services to a range of investors, the majority of which (in total number of accounts) are high net worth client accounts - defined as individuals and their retirement assets generally having minimum account balances of $1 million. As of December 31, 2006, Institutional client accounts included corporate pension and profit sharing plans, jointly-trusteed plans and public funds. The companys Separate Accounts are managed under the GAMCO brand to meet the specific needs and objectives of each client by utilizing investment strategies - traditional value, large cap value, large cap growth, global, international growth and convertible bonds. The company acts as a sub-advisor on certain funds for large fund managers.
Open and Closed-End Funds
The company provides advisory services to open-end mutual funds and closed-end funds under Gabelli, GAMCO and Comstock brands; and mutual funds within the Westwood family of funds (the Mutual Funds). It provides advisory services to 20 open-end mutual funds and seven closed-end funds of which one open-end fund is managed by an unaffiliated advisor; and the Westwood family of funds, consisting of six open-end mutual funds, five of which are managed on a day-to-day basis by Westwood Management Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Westwood Holdings Group.
The GAMCO brand represents the various investment strategies offered to investors by Gabelli Funds, including growth, gold, convertible securities and contrarian. Funds continuing to use the Gabelli name primarily represent value portfolios managed in the absolute return, research-driven Private Market Value (PMV) with a Catalyst style. The eight GAMCO branded open-end mutual funds are: GAMCO Growth, International Growth, Gold, Global Telecommunications, Global Growth, Global Opportunity, Global Convertible Securities, and Mathers.
The Gabelli brand also includes The Gabelli Blue Chip Value Fund and The Gabelli Woodland Small Cap Value Fund as well as all of the closed-end funds.
The GAMCO brand enc
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GAMCO Investors, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GAMCO Investors, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GAMCO Investors, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GAMCO Investors, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GAMCO Investors, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Major Shareholders
GAMCO Investors, Inc. History
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Offices and Representations
GAMCO Investors, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GAMCO Investors, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
GAMCO Investors, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
GAMCO Investors, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GAMCO Investors, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GAMCO Investors, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?